Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flyfishing at wilard
Had a blast at wilard last night on the fly rod. Never had so much fun in my life. I was in a float tube type thing so it was hard to keep up with the boils but it was a blast.
Trent
[signature]
Hey Maddawg,

You wrote enough to whet our appetite. How about a few more details? Where and what hours did you fish? How did you fish? You mentioned boils were there some last night and if so please tell us more?
[signature]
I too want to know what you had on the end of the line. Muddler Minnow? Or did you go small and shiny? A couple weeks ago when I went out there and fished the west dike, I noticed how far out from the west dike I was able to wade? Plenty of room for a killer clear back cast.
[signature]
Sorry just had to see if anyone was interested. Well we got there about 7:30. As I had never fished for wipers before I wasn't really sure what I was looking for we saw a few carp jump right as we got there and then the boils started. We were fishing on the south end of wilard. I was hard to keep up with the boils because we were in float tubes. The boils stop as soon as the sun went down

Trent
[signature]
Sorry I didn't mention what fly I was using it was a Clouser minnow. Whit with a bit of brown. Work wonders

Trent
[signature]
Nice report Maddawg although you havent told us how many wipers were caught and what size. You've got us all drooling now and we wanna know. When are we gonna go to mantua? Ive got a tube now, Or we can try to talk p4l into taking us out there.[sly]
[signature]
good work maddawg. i have been going up there several times a week monitoring the water conditions. have to say ive been getting skunked alot lately so you should feel good about a hot day this time of year up there .
[signature]
I just got back from wilard it was o.k. not as hot as it has been. It is getting really really low.

Trent
[signature]