Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
utah lake walleye?
what is the key to walleye at the lake i need some so if some one could help me out[cool][Smile]
[signature]
This time of year the key is luck. Here is one I caught last week. It took a worm under a bobber.
[signature]
Find Them. They are all over in there, but can be hard to find. The best time is during spawn....over now, but we still pick them up when fishing for other species. As a Tubeular friend puts it "more walleye are caught while fishing for other fish than by those who actively seek them." I have found this true. We fish for white bass and pick them up while doing that. Trolling can also be good as you cover a wide area, but the WB will pick up your lure and it can be hard to keep them off. Some have fished it for 20+ years and still cant figure them out....they are easy to catch if you can find em and they wanna play.

Good luck,

Shawn
[signature]
They say you've got to pay your dues. Well I feel I've done that plus some! I was out there shoulder to shoulder during the spawn, and word on the street was the walleye get frisky in June and will smack larger lures. I've come back empty handed every trip which was about once a week. Although I was jigging a 3" grub out by the small pump house (not to be Confused with THE pumphouse) one night, on the south side of Lincoln beach when right as I was pulling my lure out of the water a fish came after it at the last second leaving a big splash right at the shore. If I had to guess it was a walleye. But living on "what if's or could have been's" doesn't count in my book: )

Whats more frustrating is when you get people like Walleyebob who seem to catch walleye consistantly. Oh what I'd do to pal around with Pat or Walleyebob for a day[Wink](hint, hint).

Good luck halfslam, we're all in the trenches with you!
[signature]