Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legg Lake Report 8/8/03
Arrived at Legg Lake for the first time since moving to Cali two years ago.

Have got to say the shore has very little structure to fish and the water was very muddy. Weed beds scattered at different depths made it difficult to fish. Ended up going through an assortment of plastics of all colors and many crank baits before trying spinners. Got to say should have thought to use a spinner to start. used a half ounce [size 1]chartreuse[/size] gold willow blade forgot the company name. It worked on hooking up five nice fish, largest being alittle shy of eight pounds the rest considerably smaller not worth weight. All fish were caught on the wind blown shore. Only casting fifteen to twenty feet letting it sink to four feet down then moderate retrieve. Good luck to anybody headed that way thisweekend. Almost forgot I got there at two and left at six.
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]nice report!!!!! i havent been up there in years.... i used to fish cats.. i never saw a bass out of there.. well atleast cerritos regional has getting the bass populatio up and the are in numbers... samll but good to hear that we have some....[/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris[/size]
[signature]
ya but not nearly where the population should be![Sad][mad][Sad][mad]

joe
[signature]

Hi there OneWhoFishes,

Thanks for the freshwater report. I'm mostly in the saltwater fishing mode now so all the reports for bass and trout or whatever is even more appreciated that usual.

Last time I fished there was around 10 years ago. They must have cleaned up the place a little. I used to park outside the park along that very wide road l (rose-something???) eading directly to the freeway on-ramp to go south. I fished near these two or was it one island and caught lots of panfish on the flyrod. Never did worth a dang on bass. The water was warm, muddy, trashy and shallow when I was there. The best lure for the fish must have been all those colored baloons that were strewn on the banks everywhere.

Again, nice report and looking forward to hearing of further exploits.

JapanRon
[signature]
Ron,

Got to agree that the lake is very shallow or should I call it a mud hole.
[signature]