Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Castle fishing
Thought I would post a small report from a long time customer of Curly's Lures.
Dear Curly's got the itch to try uncharted territory for me an some of my friends. We decided to do a little weekend back packing trip to Red Castle and man was it awsome. The country is absolutly amazing and the hike was a good test for us. The lake still had quite a bit of ice but not enough to hurt our shore fishing. You know I'm a Curly's nut and when my buddy decided to put a bet out that involved his favorite Jakes against my Curly's the game was on. Lets just say we had three bets first, biggest and most.... You guessed it I cleaned house. I caught close to forty in 2 days he caught close to twenty..lol Hope your doing well up at the Gorge.
Here is a few pics.

Mark Van
[Image: mARKNTED.jpg]
[signature]
What?! I didn't know red castle thawed this early in the year. Was it cold up there? Looks like there was a bit of snow left. Red Castle is awesome. Did you make it to the main (middle) lake? Was it all thawed too? I've heard reports in the past from guys who go to the upper (highest) lake in August and it's still capped with ice.

I want more pics from this Red Castle trip![laugh]
[signature]
[quote downed_Phly]What?! I didn't know red castle thawed this early in the year. Was it cold up there? Looks like there was a bit of snow left. Red Castle is awesome. Did you make it to the main (middle) lake? Was it all thawed too? I've heard reports in the past from guys who go to the upper (highest) lake in August and it's still capped with ice.

I want more pics from this Red Castle trip![laugh][/quote]Sorry but I think they were trying to keep you away. No lake in the Uintas would ever be frozen in August!
[signature]
[quote brookieguy1]Sorry but I think they were trying to keep you away. No lake in the Uintas would ever be frozen in August![/quote]

Ha ha, maybe! I know that some of the upper lakes sometimes go the whole year without fully thawing. Check out this trip report: [url "http://www.lustik.com/Red_Castle_Backpack.htm"]http://www.lustik.com/Red_Castle_Backpack.htm[/url]

These guys were up there about this time a couple years back and there was still lots of snow and ice. Last time I was up there in late august, all of our water was still freezing at night - it definitely gets cold up there!
[signature]
Ya know I don't know all the details I just got it in a email from him. Maybe I'll tell him to register on here and give you the skinny.
[signature]
My experience is it is rare to even find snow packs in august and never any lakes frozen or with ice, just my take. I do like to find snow packs, great for preserving fish.
[signature]