Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mirror lake help asap!
hey guys, so me and my dad decided that it would be much easier to take the family up to mirror lake instead of boulder mountains, its really short notice since we leave tomorrow. we plan on camping and doing a lot of fishing, we usually always fish the river but seeing as how high it might be i would like to know what lakes are good right now, any help is appreciated! thanks in advance![Wink]
[signature]
The Upper Provo river is very fishable, and I bet other streams around there are too.

All of the stocked lakes in that area are good right now. Rainbow Sparkle Powerbait, 18 inches off bottom. Don't discount a fly-and-bubble setup on the lakes. Worms are the ticket in the lakes where the stocking truck can't get too.
[signature]
thanks for the advice! i am however looking at the weekend weather forecast and it doesnt look to good[:/] i dont know if maybe you can shed some light on the weather up there?
[signature]
I can help if you are thinking of hiking to any lakes, but the roadside lakes I am not very familier with. Good luck.
[signature]
In my opinion, lately the weather man has not been too reliable. And after fishing the Uintas for the last 40 years, I can predict that you can never predict the weather in the Uintas. In the summer it usually rains a little each day anyway. You should always be prepared for rain in the Uintas.

With all that said, I would suggest that you plan on going anyway but with the idea that you may have to alter your plans and stick to lakes closer to vehicles in case the rain is really bad. As a side note, I have experienced some really good fly fishing in the rain. Just watch the lightning.
[signature]
we were up there yesterday. and fished teapot, lost, Washington and trial with. teapot being the most productive. I managed a few brookies up to 112 to 13 inches and a few small rainbows all on deep water nymphing. the gf caught the nicer fish of. day offraonbow powerbait. as far as weather it was partly cloudy and cooler of course but a great break from the heat down in the valley. it rained on us a few times but again a great day, the weather up in the mountains is always changing, the only predictable thing about mountain weather is that its unpredicatable, good luck we ate heading up again in the morning
[signature]