Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
regs question
Idaho has a form that allows one person to donate their fish to another. Does this mean that the person that received the fish can have two bag limits in their possesion? I'm going to an area that has a two fish limit. I'm going with three friends. If they all donate their fish to me does that mean I can have eight fish legally in my possession? Sorry to repeat myself, but I didn't know if I was being clear. I sent an email to the fish and game but I didn't get a response.
[signature]
[font "Helvetica-Bold"][size 1][font "Helvetica-Bold"][size 1]
[left]BAG LIMIT:
[/size][/font][/size][/font][font "Helvetica"][size 1][font "Helvetica"][size 1]The maximum number of fish that may be lawfully
[left]harvested by any one person in one day. [#ff0000]The term “bag limit”[/#ff0000]
[/size][/font][/size][/font][font "Helvetica"][size 1][font "Helvetica"][size 1]
[left][#ff0000]shall be construed to be an individual, independent effort and[/#ff0000]
[left][#ff0000]shall not be interpreted in any manner as to allow an individual[/#ff0000]
[/size][/font][/size][/font][font "Helvetica"][size 1][font "Helvetica"][size 1]
[left][#ff0000]to take more fish than their “bag limit” and including them in[/#ff0000]
[left][#ff0000]filling the “bag limit” of another.[/#ff0000] The bag and possession limits
[left]are equal, except where listed in region exceptions and for
salmon and steelhead.

I don't know how the F&G would view this other than to show what the defenition says...

I wouldn't push the issue since this type of activity would be an attempt to "allow an individual to take more fish than their bag limit." It would also be "including them in filling the "bag limit of another."

Just my take on it.

Windriver
[/size][/font][/size][/font]
[signature]
Have to agree w/ Windriver on this one. I know certainly that if you are fishing and happen to have say 4 fish because your other 2 friends gave you their limits the F&G would have a field day w/ citing you for "party fishing" and keeping more than your limit. I would stick w/ just catching your 2 and let your buddies do the same.
[signature]
Thanks for the replies. You guys were both right. The F&G replied last night. A person may not possess more than their legal limit for any reason.
[signature]
So what if you buy a salmon from a Native American at Rapid River?
[signature]
Ha!!! then enjoy the salmon steaks my friend[Wink]
[signature]
I have never had that problem with fish. But I have been checked with 6 deer in my rig. Just have your proxy statements filled out!!!!!!!!! For salmon that you buy from our brothers just make sure you have the receipt. If they won't give you one(not uncommon) then notch your tag or don't buy it. You must have notched tag or a receipt or face a ticket. You come back with a legal limit plus a few NA fish you payed for you better have your paperwork correct or you'll be ticketed.
[signature]