Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation with the family 7-5-10
Hit Starvation yesterday with the family. The wife wanted to go which is very rare in itself. Left town at 4:45 and were on the water by 7am. Air temp was about 54 and water temps in the mid 60s.
Started out in Saluratus near the scene of the crime last week and could not find any fish. Stuck with it a while longer than I should have as it seemed to be the only place safe from the power squadron. Finally ended up picking up a few walleyes and perch in 30 to 35 feet. My son took big fish honors with a 19.5" walleye and numerous rainbows with the biggest one in the 20 inch range. Didn't get an exact measurement or pictures as we released them at boat side as quickly as possible.
Finally about 11ish decided to move to rabbit and look for more perch. Just as we got there and were getting set up for our first run the wind hit like a wall whipping up 2 footers with frothy tops. I worked it until about 3 finding mostly small walleyes and few nice perch. The better fish were mostly in the 30 to 40 foot range here although boat control was quite a challenge. I probably would have been better off pulling cranks in the wind for walleyes, but we were after some perch to eat. Didn't load the boat by any means but ended up the day catching about 25 small walleye with a few in the 14 to 16 inch range and some nice perch. Kept 4 or 5 walleye and 8 or so perch for dinner.
All in all it was a nice day on the water, although the drive home was pretty painful through Provo canyon with all the traffic.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Glad you got out with the family this time. Looks like a productive and fun day.
[Smile]Good report[fishon]
[signature]
SWEET! got he boy and the wife out. That made it a great trip. catching the fish was a bonus...

Headed up there 19th through the 25. Can't wait. Have my flour, salt and pepper, and cast iron ready for some perch.

Good one, wetone.
[signature]
Nice catch.

Things are changing to summer pattern in just a week or two.
[signature]
Thanks guys. It looks like summer is finally here. Walt, I'll see you up there!
[signature]
Sunrise on the water