Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Fork Float
[cool] Floated the Henry's Fork of the Snake yesterday (Monday 6/5/10) with my soon to be son-in law. We put out toones in below the Chester Dam and floated to the Fun Farm Bridge. Not a ton of fish but we sure had fun. The wind was mach IV at times so it made things alittle tough at times. Most os the fish we landed were at the beginning just below the dam nymphing at the start of our float and at about the mid point we fished Drys in all the riffs off the mid stream islands. Alot of bugs out but not a ton of surface action. (PMD's, Baetis, Elk Hair Caddis, and Humpies all worked well.) My soon to be son-in law broke the seal on a new four pc. Fly rod I built him this winter and also landed his first fish on a Dry. He was excitted. The river was in good shape. Low for me as I banged my bottom of the bottom a few too many times for my liking. Anyway it was a great way to end the Fourth of July weekend. Added a few pix of the trip.
[signature]
Great report. Wondered how the river was that far down. But one thing..... Where's the pics![Image: dumb.gif]
[signature]
Sorry about the pix, could not get my machine to compress for some reason sorry about the pix size
[signature]