Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another wild day huntington report..
i guess i need to start picking better day's to go fishing or something. [crazy].

went to huntington today took the small boat up to try out my new (used) cannon downriggers.. got there about 10:30 got the boat in and started trolling.. got the first pole in the water and was just getting the other ready to go down when i got a fish on the first pole.. well thats a good start.. lol .. well caught a bunch of tigers today.. had one nice one get off half way to the boat.. had one other that pop the clip and broke water and spit the zipfish about 5 feet in the air. that was cool to see.. the wind came up made it hard to troll so stoped and jigged for a while caught 2 tigers realy fast then not-a for about 45 min's. the wind slowed down so started trolling again.. caught about 10 more fish in the last hour and a half.. then the wind realy started up.. i think thats the worse i have ever seen huntington get.. seen them big black clouds comeing over the ridge and said oh no here we go again.. brought up the riggers stowed the gear and kicked the motor high ball and headed for the ramp.. got there and got the baot on right befor all hail broke lose...

i sure would like to make a trip up fairview this year when it dont snow haol and rain on me.. [:/] it snowed and rained most all the way back down the hill.. had 50 to 70 mph wind in the valley when i get here.. just a nother day in sandpet i guess. lol [sly]..

here is the only fish pic i took and it was funky looking tiger!! lol
[signature]
Looks like he ate something big and it got stuck halfway! Next time you plan on going up there let me know so i can stay away from the bad weather! Well you know what they sat a bad day of fishing is better than a day at work. Ron you still the man you got your boat out and caught fish not really a bad day.
[signature]