Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek
[font "Arial"][red][size 2]Hi guys , does anyone know what the water level is like at Deer Creek? Also are the walleye still biting ?[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
walleyes are slow and the water is droping fast.
[signature]
[unsure][font "Arial"][red][size 2] Man, that story is really getting old you know.[/size][/red][/font]

[signature]
WalleyeBob and I were there last Saturday and did good, catching 12 eyes, the island boat ramp is out of the water but the main ramp still has some water for another week or so. Did you get your big boat motor fixed? WH2
[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] Yes, I did fix the kicker. The rope had a worn spot on it and I guess it had had enough. No problem to fix. I also built some new Spark Plug wires for the Big Motor. I need to get it back out. Haven't been able to do any fishing since I got back from Cape Cod 2 weeks ago[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
I know what you mean, this evening was the first time I've had my boat out in over a month. I wish I could get my main motor working right, I need to get some Sea Foam to clean out my carbs. WH2
[signature]
Hey AFDAN, the main ramp will be open next weekend. Hard to say after that. I couldn't see the end of the ramp when we launched Sunday.

Fishing was a bit slow on Sat. and Sunday.

We found one good bunch of biters Sunday, in 19' of water on the West side of the lake and picked up a 22" eye and a couple 17 inchers. Got two perch, some smallies and 10 or 12 small walleye in the same spot.

Ranger Travis said that some guys came off the lake Sat. night with an eleven pound eye and an eight pounder. No details, he was in a hurry to go bust somebody.

walleyebob
[signature]
Went to Deer Creek Sunday morning and the walleye were biting - just not many big one's. We ended up with one 23 1/2" and one 20" eye. Both were caught trolling crankbaits.

The cigar eyes were out in force and hitting almost anything swimming by.

Fishing partner did catch one 15# carp trolling. Snagged hin in the tail - best fight he has ever had. [Smile]

Fried up the big eye last night - I need the re-enforcement of a good meal to remember that the eating is the best part of walleye fishing...[Tongue]
[signature]
Thanks for the reports WalleyeBob and Lundman, it sounds like the walleye catching is still good at Deer creek. Bob you call catching 10 or 12 walleye slow, I would say the only place you could do better right now would be starvation but I think you would be hard pressed to catch a walleye there that is over 20 inches. I think Deer creek is the place to go right now and if I can make it, I'll be there Friday or Saturday morning. Hey Bob, two perch in one trip, sounds like a new record, any size to them? How were the skiers, have they slowed down any? WH2
[signature]
What is everyone using and where are you fishing. I was at Deer Creek on Saturday and we fished until 11 pm. We didn't catch a single Walleye. We tried Rapala Crank baits. We even kept adding more and more weight to get them down. We trolled lindy rigs and jigged. We caught 6 rainbows that were at least 18 inches and a couple of Perch and about 50 3 inch small mouth. Problem with that is all we wanted were a couple of good eatin' walleye and we never did get into them.
[signature]
Go to this post, it is from a little over a week ago but it should help. WH2

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=58767;search_string=search_string;#58767"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=58767;search_string=search_string;#58767[/url]
[signature]
That post was about willard bay....I need crankbait info on Deer Creek. I don't think I'll fish Willard again until you can't see the bottom anymore
[signature]
Hey AFdan, maybe this will brighten things for ya. On the way home tonight I saw a floattila of boats fishing the north banks between Rainbow Bay and the Dock of The Bay. I reconized 2 of them and know they were there for the Walleye, it's there only purpose on Deer Creek. Man I wish I could be that selective .... heck I wish I had there boat LOL[Smile]
[signature]
[Wink][font "Arial"][red][size 2] Road you sure know how to cheer a guy up. Thats the kind of report that I've been waiting to hear. Tahnks Buddy.[/size][/red][/font]

[signature]
Sorry Dude, I noticed my mistake and my an edit to the post with the right address but I guess you had already read it.
I don't know if it will help but it has some info on what we used that day and the guy in the picture that is holding the 8 lb eye caught it on a double jointed Rapala in a perch color. WH2
[signature]
Hey my pleasure now I hope the fish are biting for ya too. But don't blame me iffin ya can't catch them tricky eyes LOL
[signature]