Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
33 Hole 7/11/2010
Finally managed to make it back out to Mead, went to 33 Hole, hit the water around 0430 and left around 0730. I only managed to catch a handful of small catfish. I wish I could get into some decent sized stripers or bass
[signature]
When I was fishing farther up (closer to the wash inlet) from hole 33 I seen people using cast nets from shore. I am not sure how they got down to the shore but I did see trails. I have seen many boils in that area also. All the times I have shore fished hole 33 all I ever caught were dinks and small cats. I think it is only about 10-15 feet deep by hole 33 (according to my fish finder)... The shallow water by hole 33 may be the reason why only dinks and small cats are caught there.

just my .02
[signature]
Hi Guys,

The only luck I have at 33 Hole is when I am on my Kayak and outside the immediate area. Boils there happen when the Stripers beat the shoreline and scare up the Shad from the shallows. They move them out into deeper water to take advantage of the situation. And don't be fooled by the big individual splashes that you see from the shore line, most of those are Carp rolling about, not Stripers or Large Mouth, there are a bunch of them around the Hole.

Jay
treadhead1952
Las Vegas, NV
[signature]