Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sawgrass reservoir
I was wondering if anyone had any information on a Sawgrass reservoir. I had a fellow fisherman tell me he use to fish it about 5 years ago. I tried to find information on it, but couldn't. The reservoir is pass Devil's creek, and I believe it's the next exit beyond the one used to get to Hawkins (heading north on I-15). Anyway, any information would be helpful. Directions would also be helpful. Thanks.
[signature]
I think you mean Wiregrass Res. Take the same exit as to Hawkins(Virginia/Downey) and after you cross the Marsh Creek Valley turn to the left. You go south a couple of miles and turn left again, then a right turn as you start up the hill. Follow the signs.

It is very, very, very small, but is stocked with about 500 trout yearly. It is also very weedy and grassy.
[signature]
Sawgrass . . . wiregrass. That's pretty much the same right. Yea, wiregrass is the name; that sounds better. Anyway, thanks for the help.
[signature]
I heard that that wiregrass was a spring feed reservoir, but you mentioned that there was a lot of grass and moss. Does that mean that it is really shallow or does it have a few deeper spots? Thanks
[signature]