Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelican Lake Utah Trophy Bass-pics
There is a lot to be said of the phrase "Put in the time". I have been fishing Pelican lake for 6 years now and have enjoyed catching and releasing several hundred bass in my time. I have caught a few 3-4 pounders in my day and some huge bluegill to boot. Up untill two weekends ago I was more than happy with my results but I finally scored a trophy that will look great on the wall!

After spending two days of excellent fishing I was working back towards the camp on my trick out toon when my fishing buddie said he had lost a monster that broke him off in at a area of cattails completley surronded by water. As we passed back by the area I noticed the water boil and a swirl to follow. Out went the cast with my pelican special senko and immediatley my line took a hard dive to the bottom of the reeds. I yanked back on my 7 foot medium heavy rod and something yanked back.....Hard! With my trusty spider wire and Pflueger President reel I was able to muscle the brute out of the reeds and after a open water battle finally put her in the net! 5 pounds 3 oz and my biggest utah bass yet. Trophy!

When we got back to camp to begin the braggin rights and show and tell we noticed something in the throat of the monster. Upon closer inspection it was the lizard that my buddy was using when the bass broke him off. Needless to say he was pissed but still in awe of the great fish. Great time and great fishing.

Enjoy the pics. Two are of me holding the prize and the other is a token picture with my buddy who lost the fish the first time.

AD
[signature]
That is definitely a hog Dan. I hope he worked you over good. You gotta love battling those fish from a tube or toon.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Excellent.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Now you have to go to the emergency room...to get that silly grin surgically removed from your face.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
What a story !!! love it.
Congrats.

Peter
[signature]
What kind of hook did you use? Haha, just being sarcastic.

Congrats on the nice fish, and thanks for the read!
[signature]
Looking at your pictures I see some very good bass
waters in the background. I would just love to
ff those waters for bass.
Where is Pelican lake ?

Peter
[signature]
North eastern Utah up by the Green River. About 3 hours from Salt Lake.
A shallow lake, but fair size.
I went there once and in two days probably caught 200 fish. A few Bass, but a bunch of HUGE bluegill. 11" was not uncommon for the gill and on a full flex 5 wt. the best!!!!
[signature]
wow !!! that sounds like a lot of fun lake to fish[Wink]
thanx girl

Peter
[signature]