Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Kitty Abuse...at Utah Lake
[cool][#0000ff]Folks say that Friday the 13'th is unlucky. Tuesday the 13'th didn't turn out half bad at Lincoln Beach this morning.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]LloydE and I had planned a trip to Jordanelle but changed to plan B. Met up just after 6 AM on the south dike. Water has dropped a bit. Calm and clear. Air temp mid 60's and water temp mid 70's. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]First fish for me came on about my third cast...on one of the new fire tiger color 2" grubs I just got from Bass Pro Shop. Nice little bluegill. Got several other fish on it today too...catfish and bullheads. No white bass or walleyes at all today.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We were fishing by 7 AM. First cookie cutter kitty came to my net by 7:15 and then they just kept coming and coming. They smacked both minnows and carp meat like they had not eaten for a week. I had doubles several times. In spite of releasing more than I kept I still had a limit of 8 in my basket before 8:30. No bigguns today, but the cookies are just fine either on the table or in the smoker.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Kept catching and releasing until I was mostly out of minnows and carp meat. Then I put up the bait rods and started pitching plastics again...tipped with crawler. The cookies liked those just fine too. Caught a dozen or so on plastics...including a couple of belligerent bullheads.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Everything suddenly slowed a bit after 10, when the breeze started picking up from the north. Happens every time. After a half hour of nada mas I headed for the shore. Good thing too. One of the bitty kitties I released got a spine into my air bladder after bouncing off my apron and the front end of my tube. It had zapped me across the top of my finger with a spine as I was trying to release it and I made a spastic toss. My bad. Almost had to walk back to shore, but I made it before the tube got too soft.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It was good to fish with Lloyd again. At least I think that was Lloyd. He kept a bug mask on all day and I was not sure who that masked marauder was until he came back to shore. The voice on the other end of the walkie talkie sounded like him too so I wasn't too worried. I think he ended up a couple short of a limit but he had a bent stick and stretched string often enough to have a good time...and some good eats later.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I figured I would use my cordless electric fillet knife to strip down our kitties before going home. Good plan...until we saw the fish cleaning station. Some low lifes had filled the disposal with beer cans. Doesn't help it at all. So, we took our whole fish home. Bummer.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You can bet my smoker will be putting out some fine smells tomorrow...and I'll have some prime snackies for a few days. Love them cookies.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Out poundin the kitties again eh? Well at least someone is doing it!!!!![cool] Great report once again! Recuperating from last weekends spectacular campout in the Raft River mountains. Hope to get out again real soon. Possibly thurs afternoon in GJT. [Smile]
[signature]
I am sure that is Michael Jackson fishing with you. From the pictures you can't prove me wrong..
Like I said in the Utah forum, I am heading for the cat house this weekend,,,, Brownlee. I hope to be posting some pictures. I am still looking for the 20 pounder. Ron
[signature]
nice nice nice [Wink]

Peter
[signature]