Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8/9/03 Utah Lake and Provo River report
Here's my report from last Saturday's fishing:

Got to the bubble up at Utah lake at about 8:30 in the morning after I picked up my little brother. It was calm water, clear skies and already hot. Used worms, my little bro. caught two bullheads. I caught one good sized bullhead and a huge 24 inch carp (i guessed about 8 or 9 pounds). It was fun to bring in. Another couple of guys came out on the pipe also using worms, and they caught one 3 lb. channel cat as well as a white bass that was literally 2 inches long. I have bigger rapalas! [cool]

The wind picked up from the south, and the fishing shut down about 10:30, so we left and went to the Provo River near bridal veil falls. We had some small grasshoppers, and fished them with a small split shot about 18 inches above the hook. We dropped them in all the deep holes and back eddies. My bro hooked 3 brown trout, about 12-14 inches, but lost every one. I hooked a nice, fat 15 inch brown. Beautiful fish! Took a nice picture and released him. It was a great day, and I left with a bit of a sunburn at about 2:00 pm.
[signature]
Hey catman You know what they say a fish is a fish. Nice report, myself I really like getting those carp they are fighters.
[signature]