Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
testing newly built fish hunter...success!
So I've had this Sevylor Fish Hunter 360 for almost a year and hadn't taken it out yet this year. Last week I set it up outside my house and I decided I wanted to make some modifications. I wanted it to be much more comfortable for a long day sod I wanted to sit much higher. I needed to be able to carry up to 4 poles and a net, as well as have somewhere to anchor off of. I finished it up over the weekend and a buddy of mine wanted us to try it out last night, so we did. It worked out great, I also realized I need to build a hard floor for it, I'll do that with some 3/4 inch plywood. It all packs inside of my little metro which is great because I HATE spending money on fuel. I can keep it with me in the car at all times, in case I get that call from my pops or a buddy to go on short notice. It took about 30 minutes to set up and about 20 to break down. Not as long as I was thinking it would take. Well on to the fishing, fish #1 for the evening was this 30-1/2 inch channel cat that I almost lost into the reeds. I was able to pull him right through the reed patch fortunately, thank goodness for 20 pound braid. #2 was this 21 incher and I didn't get a picture of the last one, just a little one (18 inches). Lots of fun and thanks to smallfry-cattin's old man for taking the pics and dealing with me laughing and giggling for a half hour after we got the big boy. I had a blast.

PS - I didn't hog the action to myself or anything. Smallfry-cattin's old man can't complain, he got his share of the big hits. I only got 3 hits, i was lucky enough to get the fish each time though. Another thing, I'm sure we would have had more action had we been using more 'typical' baits. We used 2"-3" x 3"-4" cubes of carp meat, specifically trying to target only fish that would be big enough to get the bait in it's mouth.
[signature]
[Smile] that's a sweet ride man..
[signature]
Looks like you have your boat ready for serious fishing. Nice job on the bigger cats. Any idea how much the largest one weighed?
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl]Looks like you have your boat ready for serious fishing. Nice job on the bigger cats. Any idea how much the largest one weighed?[/quote]

Modest estimate would be 12 lbs.

I'm having a hard time finding them over that length/weight. 34-35 inches should put it real close to 20+ lbs.
[signature]
If I get a 10+ pounder on Saturday I will be happy.[Smile][Smile] Largest thus far is only 7+ pounds.[blush]
[signature]
Can't get a 'real boat' (my friends like to remind me that mine isn't) into where I like to fish for the channels, but we'll give it our best shot on some other places that we've caught 10+ lbers from a 'real' boat. [Smile]
[signature]
Great fish, congrats.
[signature]
I too have the Fish Hunter 360. I use it when I want to take someone with me and I don't want to use the motorboat. Don't let anyone tell you it's not a real boat. You can fish spots in that thing that the "Real Boats" can't get into. A real plus for Utah Lake.
I like your mods. Hardwood floor is a must, and my next upgrade as well. I was thinking that a good wrap around the edge of the wood floor with sturdy tape would lessen my odds of having it put a little hole in the raft.
Did those board seem to work well for the sitting? Did it cause any wear on the raft?
[signature]
[#000050]Looks like a great fishing platform. Just a word from experience..if you haven't already, you will need to go through the motions to get is registered due to the motor. It's a pain to get this done. You have to apply for a VIN #, then have a peace officer verify the placement of the vin and then apply for a registration...but hoepefully it will cost you less than the ticket.[frown][/#000050]
[signature]
It's 3/4 inch plywood and I rounded the edges down on both sides with a belt sander. First time out with the seats so I'll have to see over time if there will be wear from it, nothing noticeable yet. It makes the boat MUCH more comfortable to be up higher, a definite must for anyone really wanting to fish out of it.
[signature]
Well, I'll have to put some on for me to sit. Spent a few hours in there earlier this spring and could barely move when I got off the lake.
[signature]