Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Wifes Giant Mackinaw!
On July, 9th my wife, Kat, caught a giant mackinaw that would have pushed the Utah state record to the brink. It absolutely would have broken the Wyoming record. (The fish was caught in Wyoming but could be recorded for Utah because of the interstate water.)

I was proud of her for letting it go. It swam away healthy and I hope it continues to thrive.

It was 46" long and my digital scale showed 54# once and 52# 11 oz. another time. I don't know about the accuracy of the scale so we quickly measured it, took 4 pictures, and began working to revive and release the oversize beast.

In the end, No, we don't know how much it truly weighed and I guess it doesn't really matter. But I am certain that it weighed over fifty pounds.

This fish was caught vertical jigging.

Congrats to Kat! She has worked hard to learn to catch these fish and has paid her dues.

Enjoy the pics, and always remember to protect these giant trout. They are a resource very much worth conserving and graphite replicas look great. The little ones are plentiful and easy to catch for your dinner.
[Image: KatsGiantcropped.jpg][Image: Katspigcropped.jpg][Image: Katshogcropped.jpg]
[signature]
WOW, nice catch!!! That mack is HUGE!
[signature]
Very nice fish, great color also, thanks for sharing the pictures and the report.
[signature]
Congratuations to Kat on one fine fish![Smile]
[signature]
Heck ya thats awesome congrats
[signature]
Wow...I wouldn't know what to do if I caught a fish that huge.

Congrats! And nice job letting it go (Pics can be put on walls just like a mount.) [Wink]
[signature]
Wow! Nice Fish.
[signature]
That is an amazing fish! Good job!
[signature]
Very nice fish! Congrates Kat[Wink]
[signature]
Leave it to a walleye guy to jig up a giant mac. Very nice catch and post!
[signature]
Amazing... Congrats to your wife Kat!
Fish of a Lifetime.
[signature]
I should have my tiny wife hold up my pictures from now on to make them look bigger also[:p] J.K., she wouldn't touch any fish I catch and that fish is truely a monster no matter how you slice it(or release it). Way to go!
[signature]
Nice catch. Glad to hear its hide wont be collecting dust.. [Smile]
[signature]
That's a biggin! I like it! Congrats and thank you for your unselfish act of releasing that beautiful fish! I applaud you!
[signature]
Congrats on the fish of a lifetime and kudos to you for giving us all a chance at the beast by putting it back![fishin]
[signature]
Nice fish I was in the red boat and watched her catch it. You could hear her screaming all over the lake. I asked how big and you said over fifty that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Dry fly guy: I'm glad you saw the post. I was thinking you guys probably thought we were nuts when I told you it was that big. I'm sure you probably thought we were over estimating it a bit. And yes she was very excited.
[signature]
Nice fish... Your wifes a better fisherman than me. But don't tell anyone [Wink]
[signature]
50 lbs, 40 +++ pounds it does not matter!!! That is a hell of laker. What matters is your wife had fun catching it!! You have got pictures, thats all you need to remember that big lunker. Its good that its back in the water, hopfully it will be enjoyed by another someday!!
[signature]
Nice job Kat!! I hope the effort pays off for my wife someday.
[signature]