Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
penn 330
so last night i was sturgeon fishing and guess i hooked one too many sturgeon for my Penn 330 reel. it now will not function at all. i was wondering if anyone knew of any good places to get your fishing reels fixed (and buy some spare parts for them), preferably a place that will charge less than what i payed for the reel [Wink]
thanks for any help
[signature]
There used to be a guy in Nampa that had a lot of parts and did work on reels. Can't tell you how to get ahold of him at this point, though.

You might call Howards Tackle in Nampa. If he doesn't have a supply for parts he may know how to get ahold of the guy that helped me once. (Many years ago).
[signature]
Second calling Howards. Seems to be plenty of parts and info on the web for doing it yourself.
[signature]
Ollie Damons in Portland is considered the primo company for reel repair. They have been around since 1945, and will charge you between $20 and $30 plus parts. They are also the best at downrigger repairs. They have a national reputation, are are very honest. Mike
[signature]
Idaho Reels in Meridian. 888-6880. They do good work and they are local. At least give them a call. Ollie Damons is awesome, and I recommend them as well, but shipping takes time.
[signature]
The gal that repairs reels in Meridian is Mia and I have used her for various rebuilds and repairs and she has never done me wrong.

I can also recommend Rosss reel repair in Ontario. For simple repairs that I can do myself which are not many, he is an excellent source for parts as well.

Ross's # is 541-889-5291
[signature]
thank you every one for the info
[signature]
I also have a penn 330, had some issues with it last year and was able to just look up a parts diagram through the Penn website, order parts (my order was less than $12) and with their parts diagram managed fixing it myself, probably the cheapest way to do it but if you have to get into the gears and drag you're in for a mess.
[signature]