Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panfish flies
Panfish and Bass Flies
Does anyone have any particular flies they tie for Panfish and Bass? Here are some that I and my husband tie and use. Sorry, some are a bit ratty from being used. And here are a few of the Bluegill we have been catching.
[signature]
Thanks for the pics of the flies and I am sooo envious of the gills.[frown] I haven't found any like that around here yet.[crazy]
Great job!

I went back to some old pic's and all of the flies were bead head nymphs and pheasnt tail nymphs, but no good pictures. I will keep looking.[fishin]
[signature]
Frankly, we don't have many gills like that around here very often either. This year just happens to have some large ones, but that is because they have been really thinned out, so they are hard to locate. Big bluegills give an amazing fight, but there is a lot to be said about better numbers of medium sized.
[signature]
Like the flies. Nice gills. Never caught one on a fly before. But no time like the present.[Smile]
[signature]
You will love catching them on a fly rod. They give an amazing fight. Just about every time I caught one of those larger ones I thought I had a monster bass on! [laugh]

For awhile I was running two flies on my line, and I got a double hookup of gills. --- I thought I was never going to get those buggers in!! They took me all over, as I couldn't horse them in much with a 3 wt fly rod and 3 lb test leader.
[signature]