Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talc and sewing on attachments
First of all, it seems I have seen mention of using talcum powder in the shell of the float tube to allow the bladder to move where it needs to go more freely. Does anybody out there do this? It seems to me that the talc would mix with water and create grit.....could be totally wrong. I use talc in bicycle tires.....but they don't get water in them.

Second, I am feeling inclined to sew some extra d rings, lash points, or even velcro patches onto my Fish Cat 4. Ran across a cool web site that has all the webbing, buckles, D rings, etc. I can't imagine that sewing such webbing onto the outer shell is going to be harmful to the bladder, but once again, I could be wrong. I am thinking I would like to use a "Speedy Stitch" sewing awl and just attach these by hand. Or should I take it to someone who has a machine and let them have a go at it?

Thanks in advance for all help.....

DJ
[signature]
I imagine that talc is so fine it dissolves. I have never used it, but my brother did.

As far as sewing on the skin of your tube...I did. It didn't hurt anything, but a couple of suggestions.
First, I am talking, remove bladders. set them on the other side of the room...LOL

After sewing whatever on, coat thread with Aquaseal. This will help in two ways. The thread will not come undone and keeps the fabric from ripping.

I hope that helps.
[signature]