Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching a partner for a fly fishing day in west Wyoming.
Hello to everybody

I am a fly angler from Barcelona (Spain). I will be on vacation, traveling from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone the first fifteenth of September. I would like to meet some other angler, who wants to share with me a fishing journey somewhere in the area. I am not very good fishing (but I am not a beginer!), but I love fly fishing whenever I go to the USA. I really enjoy its wonderful rivers (specially the small ones), as well as the wildlife and the incredible landscapes.
If you live in the zone or you will also be on vacation there and want to meet each other please send me a mail.
Thank you!
Manel
[signature]
Manelp, we will probably be at Henry's lake from the 5th of Sept through to whatever. It is 18miles from Yellowstone. We could bring the Escapes and get you out on the water with us, or hit some of the rivers. Also Hebgen and the Madison river.
[signature]
Manel,
Utah and western Wyoming are my main fly fishing area. I've probable fished a hundred rivers and small streams and would be happy to show you around for at least a day or possible more if my schedule allows. Maybe Joni ( Flygoddess)could help you out when you head further north. I still miss the paella in Catalonia. Just can't get that here.
[signature]
Thank you very much for all your quick and positive answer. That's really great!
I will be in USA from 18 august to 17 September, but in august I will be visiting the National Parks of Arizona and Utah with my family (parents, brothers and sons). Total 14 person traveling in 2 motorhomes and one car!
In September most of them will go back to Catalonia, and me and my girlfriend will travel north to Yellowstone with the car and camping equipment. Then is when I will have time for fishing! (also for hiking and looking for wildlife, as I am biologist working in the Catalan Wildlife Service).
So Joni and Riverdog I will send you a private message to concrete the possibilities.
Riverdog, I am sorry because I will not bring with me the equipment and ingredients for cooking a paella, but if you come to Barcelona, I would like to invite you to that!
RoyaltourChile thank you for your information.
Manel
[signature]
Just let me know when you have the dates you want to fish. I'll probable have 1 to 3 days available. Sending me a private message is probable easiest.
Hopefully I can take you up on that paella offer someday.
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]Hi there Manelp - sounds like a great vacation plan. Glad that some of our members will be in the area to provide some guidance. Too bad that I can't join up with you all as I missed out on my Wy get away this year.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Dear Dryrod
I was really surprise for the quick answer.
When I knew that I would be a few days fishing in Yellowstone and near there, I thought that I could try to meet somebody there. So I wonder, why not to ask that in a fishing forum? So I post it in the first fishing forum that I found (this one). And I am really happy that 2 members immediately answer letting to me to share some time fishing with them.
In my holydays to the States, I always have had very good experience with American people, in many ways, so I really hope to have also some other good ones this time.
Thank you! [Smile]

Manel
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]Thanks Manelp and tight lines to you.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]