Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Planer Board ( Willard)
Fished Willard last night from 6 till 11pm .. Fishing was slow managed 1 eye 1 cat and a smally off the boards.. I was headin back towards the south marina just off the sw side of the island when Whammo !!!! Somethin smashed my Portside yellow offshore planer board and flat out spooled me for 150yds of P-Line, My offshore Board and a berkley frenzy before I even had a chance [shocked][shocked] I circled back on my gps track over an over but no dice.. Id like my board back if someones stumbles upon it you can have the fish and the crank but I want the board [Wink] I will offer a reward of some custom jigheads and swimbaits if anyones willin to return it .. The boards severly sun burned to a nice faded yeller..Call Dustin 801- 814-4656
[signature]
Well if ya gotta lose tackle - I'd rather lose it to a thumper like that! (holy e Cow!) than just getting stuck on a bunch of weeds or rocks!

Was just expressing the frustration of losing a round of gear trolling, by the time you add up - lure, dodger, snubber, maybe pop-gear....

Have a collegue who skuba dives. Suggested he go dive Hyrum, and find my lost lures for me! He thinks I'm kidding..... but I'd like that Dispy Diver and E-Chip dodger that left with that little rainbow spinbait!!

I've dug into downriggers, but haven't tried planers. How is your setup rigged? Any suggestions for a boarding-newbie? Do you need a pole, and cranks, or electrics?

Next time I'm getting skunked at Willard - I'll watch for your boards....
[signature]
[sly] Ya it twas a BigBoy !!! I was in 22ft o water draggin a 12ft divin crank it definetly wasnt snagged up in the weds-rocks er mudd.. Im positive this fish hit the crank and ran out with it without me even noticin what was happenin till I seen the rod thump hard twice and adios[Smile] Aint the 1st time and wont be the last there are more big wipers in there than what people think.. In the 7yrs ive fished it Ive caught over a dozen fish out of that pond over 7lbs and Ive seen wiper that will go 10 -12lbs easy and wouldnt doubt that theres a few over 15 too many shad in that water for there not to be a few monsters.. The planer board set-up is simple I either run lipless or divin cranks 40-55ft off the board 15-30ft off the corner of the transom.. Ive modified my boards and pulled the rear tension clip off and put a heavy crosslock swivel on in its place .. Anyone can fish with them so easy a caveman can do it[Wink][Wink]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Hey Dude,

Check out my home made boards at this [/size][/#800000][/font][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/gforum.cgi?post=416233;search_string=planer%20boards;#416233"][font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000][size 4]link[/size][/#000000][/font][/url][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]. Make a set and you'll never lose another because they DO NOT attacth to the fishing line.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
goin uo to willard tonight i will keep my eyes peeled, lol Any tip on some good shore spots for wally'S?
[signature]
This time of year, they are gonna be out a little deeper. Your best chances for one off the shore is at night. Kitties should play though. Wipers under a slip bobber also works from shore.
[signature]
DuBob, I built a set of your planers over the winter and built a tower to pull them. So far I haven't caught any Wipers off them but I have to say the design works really well. I can pull my planers 50-60 feet off the boat easy and they run true and steady. Thanks for the design work.
[signature]
[font "Century Gothic"][#800000][size 4]Always glad to help out a fellow angler. [Smile][/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Looks like your post has changed to whatever these guys wish to talk about....what about just saying "no problem if i happen to see your planer board i will let you know".
[signature]
IF I SEE A PLANER BOARD FLOATING AROUND I WILL PM THE GENTLEMAN MISSING IT.

Happy now[fishin]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][quote dwayneb]Looks like your post has changed to whatever these guys wish to talk about....what about just saying "no problem if i happen to see your planer board i will let you know".[/quote][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]FISHAMANIAC801,[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4] [/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Were you in anyway offended by my offering an alternative to your current equipment setup that would eliminate or reduce any further loss of said equipment or tackle in the future?[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Thanks for the link Bob. I've been trying to figure out how to make one and I'll try this out. I'll keep you posted.
[signature]
Nope not at all seems like most every post will go off on a tangent.. Ive never had any probs with the offshore models the problem was that when the fish hit it he split with it before i looped back round.. I like the boards you built but Im not into the teatherin to my boat idea but to each his own...[Wink][Wink]
[signature]
I usually set my clicker brake on my reels with the planers and set the tension just enough to hold it unless I get a hit, that way you will hear a strike when you get it and won't have to watch the rods or boards constantly. Walleyes sometimes won't smack it hard enough to sound the clicker though. Hope you find your board.[fishin]
[signature]
[quote FISHAMANIAC801]. . .to each his own...[Wink][Wink][/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Absolutely![/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4][/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]And I'm very happy to hear you were not offended. [Wink][Wink][/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah