Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolf sighting and shooting in Utah
[url "http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/49989755-76/utah-wolf-wolves-killed.html.csp"]http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/49989755-76/utah-wolf-wolves-killed.html.csp[/url]
Anyone heard about this?
[signature]
Dang thing's spread like wildfires!!!!!!!!!!! Hope y'all can get a hand on things before it's to late.
[signature]
I think the wolf was actually shot just over the border in Idaho in the Franklin Basin area. I may be wrong. I am sure however that they are in the mountains east of Cache Valley. To many people claim to have seen them.
[signature]
Stupidest decision made was to reintroduce fertile wolves into the area. They should have released spayed/neutered animals, that way it could be a controlled population, instead of the unchecked growing population that we have today. I still stand by the triple S philosophy with those dang things. They have no place in any area that humans have taken over the winter range of game animals. Gives the wolves the unfair advantage.
[signature]
Sounds like the DWR might need to start a wolf hunt.
[signature]
SSS
[signature]
Great. Just what I wanted to hear haha. I would love to catch one within bow-range this fall[mad]
[signature]
I was wrong! I didn't realize they shot a wolf in Utah. I was thinking it was the one just over the border that was shot the other day.
[signature]
Believe it or not a solution in Switzerland they use donkeys or even Llamas. Yes a donkey or a llama can deter a wolf attack.

I believe that preventing a wolf attack is the best solution.
Of course ranchers have a right to be concerned but there is always a solution that a rancher can afford to prevent any wolf killing.

Another is to lessen hunting so wolves have more food to eat so the chances of them attacking livestock is lessened livestock.
[signature]
After the big discussion we had about this topic when you first joined BFT, I'm going to guess you are just trying to stir the pot here, at least I sure hope so.[:/]
[signature]
sure a llama will kill a wolf. but what can he do against a pack. 2 things run or die. ive been hearing them for over 6 yrs in the high uintas. seen 2 cross dry ridge 2 yrs ago a grey and a black. 1 was shot by well im not saying who. last yr up blind stream less than 10 miles from hana. it was a black as well. they are here now and all we can do is watch the mayhem they create.
[signature]
I found an elk kill when I was checking my trail cam pics a couple weeks ago. It wasn't a cat kill and there wasn't much eaten out of it other than where the magpies and coyotes had chewed on it. I turned it in to F&G and they were going to send someone to investigate. I had a CWMU hunt last year in that same area and the operator had seen a wolf on his property that year, I know of a police officer in the area that saw a wolf just across the road from the CWMU area that I hunted last season during the elk hunt. So I guess they are here. [:/]
[signature]
From what I recall I made a post asking what the feeling were about wolves coming to Utah. I happen to respect the animal. The reason I started that was because I read a newspaper article.

Your reply was that I was either stirring the pot or blah blah.

No I wasn't trying to stir the pot. In fact I thought there would be some nature lovers that would welcome the animal.

They are a problem for ranchers though. No denial in any way shape or form.

Its ok if there are people here that don't like wolves. There are people that don't like rattle snakes.

I have every right to post on here that I respect the animal.

Everyone else has the right to drool over a pic of a dead wolf.

Drool baby drool baby drool!
[signature]
Yes you do have every right to post on here that you respect the animal but when you make statements like the one below, it just goes to show, you still have no knowledge of what these animal are capable of doing. They are indiscriminate killers and they kill for pleasure as much as just having something to eat.
And you making a statement by saying we need to hunt elk and deer less so the wolves will have more to eat is unbelievably naive, IMO.

[quote catfish-logic]
I believe that preventing a wolf attack is the best solution.
Of course ranchers have a right to be concerned but there is always a solution that a rancher can afford to prevent any wolf killing.

Another is to lessen hunting so wolves have more food to eat so the chances of them attacking livestock is lessened livestock.[/quote]
[signature]
I got it, and your point of view.

As far as internet etiquette goes I could have improved on that in the beginning.

But this:

" you still have no knowledge of what these animal are capable of doing"

I'm 38 years old (I'm laughing) and you think that I don't know what wolves are capable of doing? Holy crop circles do you think I'm a Do Do Bird?

I have read all about them on the internet seen hundreds of wildlife vidoes, ect, ect.. for the last thirty years of my life ....sheeesh!

"Sport killing" wolves....sorry folks I think the folks in Idaho and Wyoming have been snorting too much smelly jelly.

OK case closed....
[signature]
We have his point of view on the wolves, and I know alot of guys like my self are getting a chuckle out of his opinions as well. I know my feelings on the wolf and where leagle it's SOS.[Wink]
[signature]
another wolf sighting with attack on domestic dogs watching a sheep herd in utah up chalk creek. killed 1 dog and injured the other.
[signature]
[url "http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11858806&hl=6"]http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=11858806&hl=6[/url]
[signature]
Catfish-Logic,

Did you know that wolves kill for pleasure? Many times wolves will kill to eat, but other times they will just kill, kill, and kill. Wolves are dominant creatures and when they form large packs they will destroy everything around them.
How many hunters are in Yellowstone??? None!
But yet the wolves have decimated the elk population in the park. Idaho's elk population has taken a huge dive as well.
There is nothing beautiful about wolves, they are nightmare for hunters, ranchers, wildlife managment, and big game.
KILL THEM ALL [cool]
[signature]
Catfishlogic said:

"I have read all about them on the internet seen hundreds of wildlife vidoes, ect, ect.. for the last thirty years of my life ....sheeesh!

"Sport killing" wolves....sorry folks I think the folks in Idaho and Wyoming have been snorting too much smelly jelly"

[#6000bf]And you expect someone to believe you (or take you serious) with that kind of arguement lol...[/#6000bf]
[signature]