Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Hole - Green River
Went and fished Little Hole on the Green River below the Gorge Tues. and Wed. 7-20 & 7-21. Man the fish #'s are way down!! It has been about 3 years since I fished there last and at that time the fish were getting skinny and now there seems to have been a pretty big die off.

Caught lots of 10-14 inch planter rainbows on the first day. Dad managed one nice little brown, so we took a picture of it.

Second day we fished down towards the B-Section of the river and found more browns down there, including the 2 big ones I have pictures of, (hate it when no one is around to take your picture for you ).

Everything was caught on nymphs, size 22 - 24 scuds, mayflies, and WD-40's. Also had a caddis hatch the first day, size 16-18 orange bodied caddis, I usually only use this fly on the Weber in March, but that was the closest I had to the color of the Caddis Flies coming off. They were absolutely the coolest bug I have ever seen come off that river, bright yellow lower body, and almost flourecent orange upper body underneath their wings.

Anyway, my dad and I still managed to turn 12-15 fish per day, and my uncle who is just getting back into fly fishing after a 20 year break caught 6 or so each day. He did manage the big fish of the day for both days though, but wouldn't wait for me to get a picture for him [:/].

Fun trip all told.

Oh and we saw this cool little buck on the way to camp Tuesday evening!!

PM me if you want pictures of the hot fly patterns.
[signature]