Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goin Fishin Tonight or Tomorrow Morn...
headin out either tonight or tomorrow mornin, Not sure where to yet..any one have any suggestions? I am in Roy. Was thinkin about Willard for a 2nd go around but not set on that yet...
[signature]
why not head north? the fishing has been great at glendale, condie, oneida, twin and johnson?
[signature]
Because i literally have no clue where any of those places are, lol I am not a Utah native...
[signature]
drive to preston Idaho, ask at the gas station when you get there, most of the people there are really cool.
[signature]
that's ok - cuz those are Idaho locations anyway - right K-nut?

Was gonna take my boat up to Alturas Lake next week, but opted to skip that, and take a stab at fly-fishing, and wading with spinners (my version of 'falling with style'). Maybe I'll have some "high-altitude" adventures to share when I get back.

Thing is I'd already ordered my Idaho muscle-sticker (mussel) when I decided to leave the boat behind. Might as well use it, no?

So - Kochanut, what can you tell us about these waters? What kind of fish? What works good? Is it worth the cost of an Idaho license?
Coworker goes to Glendale all the time, but he's more into skiing...
[signature]
if you get this in time...

Dude i live in roy also, going to PM you my number.

as far as those lakes... they all have trout, condie is a trophy large mouth lake.... they all hold some titanic sized blue gills. i always use jigs at every lake, and my favorite is the gulp minnow. oh yea, onieda has some bigt big walleye swimming in there along wiith the 2 billion carp, but if you can figure them out you can have a blast.

if you take a boat up you need to get the 22 dollar sticker... i have never been stopped, but i bought one anyway, better safe then sorry. if you cross into ID comming from logan around 6 am right at the boarder there is a sign telling you to pull over and get inspected... we were told by fish and game if it is before 6am and they are not there keep going... any more questions?
[signature]
If your lookin for something nearby try steed pond, I usually get my limit of 2 cats everytime I go. Hotdogs off the bottom seems to do the trick, but stay on the right side of the pond "as you look at it from the parking lot." Also they recently stocked mabey's pond so thats another nearby place.
[signature]