Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oar Stops
Hello Again -

is there a secret for moving the oar stops? I cant seem to move them on these oars and they are not positioned correctly.
[signature]
We are going to need a little more here. What is an oar stop? what is the make of the oars and the boat.
[signature]
hi FG -

its a water skeeter boat. i call them oar stops, im not sure the real name. They are the piece of plastic that are on the oar to hold it onto the oar lock. I want to move them a little, but could not do with my hands.
[signature]
I saw them in your other post. Not sure on that. Try hot water on the plastic and a bag of frozen peas on the metal.

Good luck and keep us updated
[signature]
[quote flygoddess] Try hot water on the plastic and a bag of frozen pees on the metal. [/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]That sounds kinda unsanitary. Are you sure you didn't mean "PEAS".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Kinda kinky too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That could probably work better. been a long tiring day.
[signature]
If you have the brass oar locks you should look into the oar rights I just put a set of them on mine a couple months ago and I like them a lot. Ron
[signature]
Oar stops prevent the oar from sliding through the oarlock. I would imagine from the name that "oar rights" would keep the blade in the "right position" and prevent it from twisting out of position in the oarlock. Is this correct? I have the stops but do not have oar rights.

God Bless,
Don
[signature]
The oar rights are the only way to go. Ron
[signature]
On the older style yes, but the new carbon fiber ones right them self.
But allot of boats have a clap instead of the horseshoe.
I do have the oar rights but they are not needed
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][quote flygoddess] Try hot water on the plastic and a bag of frozen pees on the metal. [/quote]

[cool][#0000ff]That sounds kinda unsanitary. Are you sure you didn't mean "PEAS".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Kinda kinky too.[/#0000ff][/quote]

hahahahhaahaahahhahahahahhahahaha[Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile]
thats some funny stuff.........................[Wink]
[signature]