Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sturgeon Fishing in Lewiston
first off i want to say hello to everyone and tell you all that i have really enjoyed reading what you guys have to say.

Anyways my question is: does anyone know where you can do some sturgeon fishing from the bank in or around lewiston idaho?? i know there are some big fish up there but from what i have heard you have to have a boat to fish for them.

any info will be appreciated.

thanks in advance
[signature]
Welcome to BFT. I don't know the answer to your question, but I am sure there are those that do.

Windriver
[signature]
Baskfisher,

The best place near Lewiston for sturgeon is up the snake river going towards Heller Bar. To fish from shore you will need be on the Washington side of the river.
However, I would urge you to find a boat instead of fishing from shore. If you hook into a large fish, it will likely break off or spool you since you won't be able to follow up or down river (as you could do in a boat). Leaving a lot of line on a fish isn't a good thing, as the line could get tangled on the bottom, basically anchoring the fish in place. Even a small jon boat would work fine. But if you must fish from shore, any deep pool from Big Eddy up will be worth a try. Just use a heavy rod with 50 - 80 lb test. Good luck!
Thanks for the help and welcome to BFT.

Windriver
[signature]