Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ferron Reservoir Area (8/7 - 8/11)
Did my annual camping trip to Ferron Reservoir from 8/6 - 8/12.

Ferron Reservoir - Tons of rainbows caught off a variety of powerbait. Caught a few brookies as well. Worms did nothing for the fish.

Indian Creek (outlet of Ferron Res.) - Full of cutthroats. Small stream, so worked it with a mepps #1 spinner, and caught and released about 2 dozen little cutts.

Willow Lake - Caught lots of rainbows off a variety of powerbait. Hooked in to a little tiger trout on a #2 blade mepps, but lost him in the grass near shore. Again, the worms did nothing.

Wrigley Springs Reservoir - Caught loads of rainbows on both powerbait and spinners. My friend landed a nice 16" bow on a jakes lure from the shore.

Emerald Lake - By far the most scenic lake in the area in my opinion. Fished it near sunset, and caught 3 - 4 rainbows on my trusty #2 mepps from shore. Caught nothing on powerbait.

Duck Fork (flies and artificial lures only) - Fished using a #4 mepps from the dam, and landed 1 nice 13" tiger. Wind was fierce that day, so it was the only fishing we got in at the reservoir. Did fish the outlet stream, and managed a handful of nice little cutts on my trusty #2 mepps, including a nice 11" cutt. All were released, as cutts are all supposed to be released.

Spinners Reservoir - water level way too low to even make fishing an option.

Saw the first bear I have ever seen in the wild along the road to Duck Fork. Also heard elk bugling off in the hills above camp at dusk.

All in all, a successful trip.
[signature]
Awesome! Love that area. Glad fishing was good.
[signature]
Good to hear you made the rounds!! The lakes you mentioned are fun to fish with beautiful views. I think the damn wind never stops at duck fork!! Sounds like a good trip.
[signature]