Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson Ranch Reservoir
I might be going up there to a Men's Advance we are having at Elk Flat Campground and hope to fish it some as well. Never have fished there so any suggestion would be appreciated. Bass, Kokes, anything.

Not sure if I will try for kokes with my toon or not but I will have my gear for all from fly fishing to trolling.
[signature]
When is your Advance Mike? Sounds like a great place to have it.

For bass I have done well in the past with a Rapala Fat Rap Shad crank bait earlier in the day when they are agressive. It mimics a small koke I think. When things slow down I like a 3" smoke copper tube bait like a gitzit on a 1/4oz jig head.

I have caught kokes at anderson trolling with a Ford fender, wedding ring, shoepeg corn rig but that is a lot of hardware to drag through the water and not a lot of fun reeling them in. If you have some oft the new low drag pop gear like Dee's or the equivalent it nmay work. I have some of that but haven't had the chance to try any of it.
[signature]
Hi Mike,
If drag is a concern, try the Shasta Sling Blade dodger in pink UV. Put a small pink hootchie on it, and a little shoepeg corn. You can order these from Shasta, or buy them in Meridian. They also have the R & K micro hootchie (2"). Their number is 473-2380. This set-up works just as well as pop gear, with much less drag. By the way, we were catching kokanee just off the ramp on the upper end. You wouldn't have to go far to find them. Mike
[signature]