Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Flats
I an going to camping by Willow Flats this weekend. I was told that this is flyfishing area. Is this correct? If so where is the closest place to bait fish? Also how is the fishing there and the Cub River on the Idaho side. Thanks.
[signature]
the cub river flows threw willow flatts it is good fly fishing and bait fishing. they plant the area with alot of rainbows in the summer, there are also brookies and cutthroats. you can only keep 2 cutts and they have to be 16 inches or larger.
[signature]
If you are camping at Willow Flats the bait fishing is great. There are tons of grasshoppers just catch some and you will have a great fishing trip. I hope that you have a great time.

C&R
[signature]
How funny that you'd post this. I'm taking my wife and daughter to camp there for the first time. I'm going to be fly fishing the river from Saturday evening (hopefully there are still some camping spots open then) until Monday morning.
[signature]
I was there about a month ago...very cool camp ground...I fished with my granddaugher right there at the campground with bait...everything we caught would of fit in a sardine can...it was fun neverless.
[signature]