Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry report
I just got back from Strawberry. The relative I went with isn't into early fishing, so we headed out from SLC at 7:00 AM. Minnows were scarce around the courtesy docks, so I threw the casting net on the boat. Boated over to the long-term rental docks, and with one cast of the net, while standing on the bow of my boat, I had all the minnows that I would need (probably about 50). Unfortunately, this wasn't the day for minnow fishing (at least not the hours that we fished). I was given a tip on a new location, but we either weren't quite in the right spot, or it was too late in the day, or full moon shut-down or ... Finally moved over and fished Strawberry Bay near where the river dumps into the reservoir. We caught five there still fishing on bait. Went trolling and caught another 5 or 6 or so, before the lightning scared us off of the lake. The fish we caught trolling were all on the small size. The largest fish we caught was an 18 inch cutt. I had a fish, that looked to be in the mid twenty inch range, follow my minnow to the boat, but I was too late in seeing it and letting it take it.
[signature]