Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More wolves in Utah???
My brothers and I were hunting for deer opening weekend on the archery hunt in the Diamond Fork/Hobble Creek area and came across what we first thought were mountain lion tracks. There was something wrong though, they weren't round enough and with every track the 4 claw marks were clearly visible. I wish I had my camera with me to take pictures but I didn't. We grew up in a Lion hunting family and these tracks clearly weren't lion tracks. The tracks were very large, larger than any dog tracks I have ever seen, and I own some large dogs. The tracks were close to the size of my hand. After I got home I googled Wolf tracks and the pics that came up were identical to what we saw. I included an example below that I found on Google that was almost identical to what we saw. Maybe the track was a very large dog, and I can be mistaken that it was a wolf track, just thought I'd report on what we saw. Anyone have any info on wolves possibly being this far south in Utah already?
[signature]
One was shot few weeks ago around Hardware ranch some place.
[signature]
I BEEN CRYING WOLF FOR 5 YRS. YES WE HAVE THEM AND ALOT MOORE THAN THE DWR WANTS US TO BELEIVE. THEY ARE ALL THREW THE UINTAS. NORTH AND SOUTH SLOPES. FROM HANA TO RED CLOUD LOOP. 2 WERE SIGHTED ON DRY MOUNTAIN 2 YRS AGO. 2 WERE ALSO SEEN ON RED ROCK TRIBAL. BUT ONLY 1 RAN AWAY. THE OTHER I WAS TOLD JUST FELL OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH. INDIANS ARE POPPING THEM WHEN THEY CAN ON THE RES.
[signature]