Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Need a little boat repair help...
I live in Syracuse and need a little help with my boat. I had a throttle cable that slipped behind the set screw so I took apart my throttle box and got that fixed but now it is dead??? Battery is good, no blown fuses, won't crank. Can anyone help?
[signature]
I would guess that you have loosened a wire to the key switch, if the switch in on the control box.
[signature]
Look for a bad or a disconnected groundwire.
Also could be the neutral switch . When you tightened the cable you may have pulled it past the neutral position.
[signature]
Where is the neutral switch? On the motor?
[signature]
[indent]Yes.
This is the spot between foreward and reverse. If you are not in neutral, your engine may not start.

You can disconnect the control cable from the motor and put the motor in neutral by hand on some motors.
[/indent]
[signature]
The handle is in the neutral position. I thought you meant there was a seperate switch that I was unaware of.
[signature]
This exact thing happened to me late last fall on my Johnson 90 OB. I opened the throttle box with-out disconecting the batery and blew the small fuse on the engine. Did you check the engine fuses?
[signature]
I did not see a fuse on the motor. It's a 115 Evenrude.
[signature]
Is your engine electric shift, or mechanical shift?
[signature]
What year is your 115 Evin ??
[signature]
It is a 1975
[signature]
I don't know how to tell. It is a 1975 2 stroke. This is my 1st boat, bought it Friday. It ran really good sunday.
[signature]
Johnson and Evinrude.... same same... my fuse was on the L/H side of the motor looking from the back, inside a little red cover ... tiny little thing and a $1.50 fix. The fuse is inline, just look for a small wire with a plastic quick snap cylindrical shape tube. Mine was coroded and hard to get apart... the guys at Dicks boat shop told me exactly what was wrong just by explaining it to them. Look for the fuse I'll bet that's the ticket.
[signature]
BT hit me with a PM... I live in Riverdale and maybe shoot over and see if I can help.
Don't wait too long Willard is calling and I think I'll answer her around 5-6ish. I want my my Cudy-Budy to experience sum spooks on a boil.
Super Spook Jr. baby
[signature]
The fuse was blown. It was tucked behind the solenoid in electrical tape. Thank You all for your assistance. I am in awe of all the nice people on this forum. thanks again.
[signature]
Just like Staples..... that was easy.
Or how bout just like Toyota... you asked for it you got it.

Any way good fishing to ya.
[signature]