Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consolation prizes
[size 1]I posted this in the tubing forum but I'm sure you all wouldn't mind hearing this to.[/size]

[size 1]I did a little night fishing and somebody left with out there fins. I guess I'm lucky that way free hunting and fishing stuff always comes my way. I've found almost everything from fins (the latest) to 1,000 pair of binos and rangefinders to good spinning rods and fly fishing vests filled with goodes. I've always tried to find there homes but if nothing bites oh well.

Anybody else have this kind of luck and let hear about it. [/size]
[signature]
while fishing below the upper stillwater dam i came upon a small beaver dam. sticking out of the water was the end of a canoe. when i finaly worked it free and pulled it out i found it was a 16 1/2 ft aluminum and to my surprise not a hole in it.
[signature]
I find lots of monofilament gracious anglers have left, mostly 25 and 30 lb test . . .

[unsure]

sm
[signature]
and tons of red and white bobbers. [cool]
[signature]
While fishing Scofield last fall I noticed what seemed to be part of a tarp floating in the water. Upon closer inspection it turned out to be what was left of a boat canopy. Turns out the whole boat was attached. It was a 12-14ft fiberglass hydroswift sunk in about 8ft of water. You could see the motor, some old fishing rods, a couple of downriggers mounted to the sides. Was able to reach down and grab the tip of one of the poles. After looking it over I decided it was way to "gunked up" and I didn't even want it in my boat, so I put it back. On my way home I stopped at the boat ramp by the dam and told a park ranger what I had saw. At first he sort of acted like "yeah right".. I guess he found out the truth as the boat had been removed by the next weekend when I went back to the same area.
[signature]
4 years ago I went night ice fishing to strawberry. We parked by the viewpoint and hiked down into a little bay and caught tons of fish. The cool thing was when we hiked back up the next morning I decided to take an easier rout since I was dragging the huge sled. About half way up the hill I saw something about 6 to 7 feet away. I walk over pick it up and lo and behold it's a hundred dollar bill. [Smile]
[signature]