Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard tonight
im planning on a all nighter at willard hoping to get some decent cats. Any suggestions on what I should use? im fishing from the bank, I was going to use my crawfish lure against the rocks, but not sure if thats the best way to go in september?
[signature]
Did you make it out to Willard?. We were out there tonight but had no luck. We did talked to a couple of guys fishing from shore that had some good luck right at the Feed Lot.
WH2
[signature]
It was a nice night on the lake. Not very windy - most of the powersquad bailed as evening hit. It was good to get out and learn the lake a bit more. I dig them sideplaners - got Cabelas site open now! Too bad we didn't fill the cooler, and bummer the sea-foam didn't fire up the motor.

But we ran into a nice feller and his wife with a suweet setup. They'd landed into a few nice wipers along the west side, and were so generous to share one. They had a whopper on board - probably 4-5lb, caught on light tackle. He tells us he's writing a book on Willard, he's seen and has maps of Willard before they put water in.

I've started learning about "underwater roads" that are ridge lines, humps, and drops where there's lots of structure. I think I may have to try some more evenings down there as fall comes on. So long as the wind and the jet-skis stay clear of me!

Yeah - those guys talked about some boils near the feedlot, and I thought I heard 'em yell something about a 7-lber. We saw some birds diving, and some good activity. But not close enough.

Gotta see about packing up the camp gear, and see if I can't drag some boys of to Bunny Gulch - see what it'll bring us. A new adventure if nothing else.
[signature]
So what I heard was true, Someone told me they thought they could see boils earlier that day... I didnt get thier till about 9:30-10 and stayed till 12:30 not to far from the light pole. I took a friend out with me and had her hooked up to some worms with no luck. I was trying a crawfish lure and a silver spoon with no luck. Ill go try it out again, and this time pull a true all nighter, but wont be till tuesday. Good to know That the boils might be around though, Ill make sure I get their earlier.
[signature]
Like CS said, both groups we talked to said they saw boils, the guys fishing from shore were in front of the Feed Lot, the guy in the boat that had the wipers, saw boils or surface activity along the West dike. Good luck if you make it out again.
WH2
[signature]