Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to go?
So my Father, who is disabled and doesn't get around very well, wants to go fishing with me today. Any ideas on where we should go? It will be shore fishing, and it would have to be some place that we could park and walk a very short distance to the water.

I live in Salt Lake, so I don't want anything TOO far out there.
I was thinking maybe Deer Creek, Jordanelle, or East Canyon. Any idea how these are faring for shore fishing right now? And how insanely busy do you think it would be, with the Holiday and all that?
Any other ideas on lakes to fish at?
I don't really want to hit a community pond. And I like catching Cats, Slimers, and Bass, so the type of fish doesn't matter.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated [bobhappy]
[signature]
Your ideas are good. Also Tibble Fork, Silver Fork, Utah lake, the Jordan River, Pineview and Willard.
Most important thing is to get him out fishing.
Busy? You bet, it's a holiday. But get out anyway and do it, it can always be considered a shakedown cruise for next week and the week after.
Remember if you pay at one of the state parks that pass is good all day at all the others, so you can start at Utah Lake, then Deer Creek, try Jordenelle, then out behind Jerremy Ranch to East Canyon and come home. Kind of a "tour de local" trip. Your dad may enjoy the drive as much as anything.
[signature]
That is a great idea. Thank you!
I will see how much he is up for Smile
[signature]