Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condie Smallmouth
So I was fishing Condie yesterday, and I hooked into a surprise. Has anybody else caught smallmouth out of Condie or heard of them being in there? It was definitely unexpected.
[signature]
Never heard of any in there. In my opinion this is not good. Condie has been managed for trophy L.mouth and should stay that way. One more species just creates competion for food.

Windriver
[signature]
It doesn't seem like terribly great habitat for them. There are no rocks or deep water, just soft mucky bottom. I doubt they'll do much in there. I do wish that there was a place around here where you had both species together, just not Condie. I guess Cutler does, but I still haven't figured out that fishery.
[signature]
A friend of mine caught a 3lber about 3 weeks ago, healthy and fat. I figured i'd be hearing about more coming outta there. Not the greatest news but not exactly a trophy fishery anyway. Don't get me wrong Condie is the best around here for bass in my opinion. My thoughts have always been that the fish n game should experiment more with smallies. Afterall they are more suited to our climate. Wonder how they got in there?
[signature]
I'm guessing somebody wanted more smallmouth in the area and tossed some in. I'm curious to see what happens with them in Condie. I don't think it's going to be a huge issue as spawning habitat seems limited. I would like to see more smallmouth in the area as well since they fight harder and you really only have The Bear River drainage around here that has them. I'm just not sure which lakes are suitable. Maybe Lamont? It has a bit of rubble and rocky debris and relatively deep water. Then again, it doesn't seem to have too great of a forage base with all those stunted largemouth in there.
[signature]