Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
proposed ban on lead lures
[font "Georgia"][size 2] proposed ban on lead lures[/size][/font]
Listed below is a web site link to voice your opinion on a proposed Lead ban on all lead based tackle which will also include many pieces made of brass.
The EPA has a proposed ban on this equipment under the Toxic Substance Control Act.
It is very important that you respond to have your voice heard on this opinion. By going to this link you can follow the steps to send a message to congress.
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO DO SO!
[url "http://www.capwiz.com/keepamericafishing/issues/alert/?alertid=16355526"]http://www.capwiz.com/keepamericafishing/issues/alert/?alertid=16355526[/url]
The Bass Federation will have a National Email blast going out to all of our TBF members but please, send this to everyone you can!
The shooting sports were able to get this ban repealed on Lead Ammo by banning together and voicing their opinion. We need to do the same!
[signature]
I put my two cents in. I already knew about it, but thought it would help if others saw this post, and said something on that link before the deadline...not far from now. So I don't want a lead ban, I have too much tackle for that. They should grandfather in all lead for now, and slowly phase it out, that is my opinion. (if we have to do away with it) As far as brass is concerned, lead is usually 2% or less in brass...I am totally against banning brass, or phasing it out.
[signature]
I sent my response in. Hope this ban doesn't go through.[mad]
[signature]
I hear ya. There is just no telling how many hundreds of dollars I have tied up in my fishing tackle and flies. I have just bought a bunch of spinner components within the past year, on top of the lures and tackle I have been saving up for the past 30 years. I also have a big assortment of brass beads and components as well. I hope they don't do this. I guess almost all spinner blades have lead in them. I use them on some flies, and inline spinners etc... I use a lot of brass, and am trying to use it more and more instead of lead where possible.
[signature]
its for the better of the enviorment. lost lure and weights that are either lost by fish or accident can leek into plants and water over time and poison fish, which are eaten by us and then we get sick, and lead sickness is not very fun. now bullets, thats bullcrap. alloy is the worst bullet material i've ever used. inaccurate, loud...
[signature]
I'm thinking about it,using primitive fishing meathods may seperate the boys from the men. It should make for better competition with the guys.We now pinch the barb on everything including any lure you use,even flies[Image: yell.gif]
[signature]
personaly, I think they need to re-invent the bullet for war fair and leave the lead to fishing.

but if they want to come up with a nice soft aluminum, I suspose I could get by...
We can all get by with a little help from our friends,yeaaa,I get by with a little help, from my friends yeaaaa,...[Image: happy.gif]I will sure miss split shots and bullet weights.,I must have so much lead in my system from biting down on split shots,now I try to use plyers when ever I can....The early bird gets the worm that way he does'nt have to stop for bait.
[signature]
sorry link does not work or did and does not now.
[signature]
Thanks makes me glad I did'nt check it out,I figured my opinion would'nt make a dfference anyway.hey what if everyone agreed not to vote,then who would decide[shocked]Would the outcome be better?at least we would know who to blame..[fishin]
[signature]
lol, I looked at the time stamp.. ya, its a bit old.. [:p]

I havent heard anything new on the topic...
[signature]