Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEED ADVICE
I am 12 I love fishing.... I have been fishing since i was 6 months old and all i can think about is when I'm going fishing nxt.... I had my mom put a sticker on the back of her car that says fish control my brain, and she takes me fishing everywhere.

I want to know how to get my name out there and get sponsored some day. The reason why i put this under float tubing is because i know u guys better.

any advice????? [fishon]

Oh by the way here is a fishing report from newport harbor...
16 calico bass, 1 baracuda, 4 spotted bay bass, 3 sand bass and 1 mackerel. Was there from 7:00 - 3:00
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good report and great pictures.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I admire your passion and applaud your goals to become widely recognized...and sponsored. The truth is that it takes a lot of continued dedication, much involvment and a lot of luck. The truth is that sponsors only pick somebody up if that person IS well known and popular. They want their investment in sponsorship to pay off by having their name associated with a winner.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Not sure what area of fishing you want to be known for. If it is pro bass fishing you will have a lot of competition and a lot of hard work ahead of you. There are a bunch of great young anglers that are also working hard to get to where you want to be. They spend a lot of time and money to be able to fish the tournaments and to learn from the top pros so they can compete on the same level. Most of them never make it, but some do. The money and prizes are getting bigger every year but the costs of getting there can be great. I hope you have the backing of your family and a means of generating living expenses during the process.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Well, just like TD said it is not easy......... Someone just
told me that there is one great way to learn from the pros.
They like to "prefish" a lake before tournament and a lot
of times they take third person with them on the boat.
All you have to do is show up couple of days before
the tournament and talk to those guys.
However you may have to be a little older..........

If you want to fly with the eagles don't hang out with
the turkeys..........=)

BTW- great pictures and report. Keep it coming kid.
Thank you

Peter
[signature]
Well first of all I'm not the bass type. If I were to get sponsored i would want a rod or reel compony. cause i am more of an all around fisherman mostly saltwater...
So bass fishing wouldn't really work out.
[fishon]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Unfortunately there are not many aspects of fishing that generate sponsorships besides fishing tournaments. I know some of the skippers and better known charter guys get small sponsorships for wearing shirts with tackle names on them. But there is not enough money in sponsorships to make a living for the most part.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It's like I tell people..."I always swore that I would marry a rich woman who was too proud to have her husband work". That didn't work out. Hope your search for paid sponsorship works better.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[quote 1tuber]Well first of all I'm not the bass type. If I were to get sponsored i would want a rod or reel compony. cause i am more of an all around fisherman mostly saltwater...
So bass fishing wouldn't really work out.
[Image: fish-on.gif][/quote]

First of all You would be super lucky if you get sponsored
by ANYONE..............[Wink].
I was just trying to help you out but with that kinda
reply, good luck..............[Wink]

Peter
[signature]
I applaud you for all the time ,dedication, and sheer joy you get from fishing like all the rest of us. I know everyone has wished they could get paid to fish but like everyone else said, it's hard to pick up a sponsorship through the sport of fishing unfortunately due to the low exposure. But a good thing to maybe think about would be to pursue a job through a fishing company such as designing rods, lures, line ect. If your dream is to do something you love, pursue to the fullest buddy your well on your way it seems your high ambitions will lead you there eventually.
[signature]
Nice session you had.
[signature]
Sometimes when you have to DEPEND on something you really love to do in order to survive for just living expenses, it loses its appeal as fun. Even if you are very good at it, the grueling pressure ruins what you had as carefree enjoyment and serious conflicts develop. Lots of examples in sports like golf, tennis and the cheating that goes on at fishing tourneys..... That said there are also some that seem to handle things well, and everyone has to try for their dream so they can find out for themselves if it is for them....

Pon
[signature]