Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cascade Reservoir Labor Day
I haven't posted a report recently as my life of semi-leisure has come to a screeching halt because of work. I snuck out early yesterday morning to try to catch some perch in Cascade. I went around Boulder Creek in a tube and it was cold and windy - nobody was out there. I had to cover some water but finally got into them and it was fast and furious for about two hours. There were lots of small fish but about 1 in 5 was a brute. I was using a double hook setup with worms fishing off the bottom and caught several doubles. I had two rods but abandoned one because it was just too crazy. The fish were in about 10' of water. Cascade is fickle but when it is good it can be really good. I brought home about 20 of these pigs which will keep me in fish tacos for a little while at least. According to Tom at Tackle Toms, the bite is expected to start any day now, all they needed was a little cool weather. It looks like I hit it perfectly for once.

Go Broncos.
[signature]
Beautiful fish! Those are bigger than some of the trout I have caught lately. Those have to be the largest perch I have seen.
[signature]
LOL, I was excited when I caught a smallmouth that big today. Nice perch!

(To be fair, the small mouth was on an ultra light on 4lbs test and was a handful)
[signature]
Very nice perch. I hope I can make it over there for ice fishing this season.

Windriver
[signature]