Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any info on Deep Creek???
Hey everyone. I met a very cool guy in the mountains this weekend and he was telling me about this place called deep creek. I have never heard of it and he hasnt been there for many years so I thought I would ask if anyone knows anything that they would share with me.

Thanks in advance.

Chris.
[signature]
which one, I can think of three different areas off the top of my head that are refered to as deep creek
[signature]
oh sorry, I didnt think of that. The one I am talking about is the mountain range somewhere west of wendover, I was told that if you wanna get a monster mulie, you go there. Which that phrase gets used far to often, and the guy hadnt been there for years because it is way to physical for him. He told me that last time he was there he got a 30 incher, and his buddy got a 40 incher. He was talking general season deer hunt, rifle.
[signature]
That's not one of the three Deep Creeks I know anything about, but sounds like it would be worth while to get assiciated with.
[signature]
They're South of Wendover, located half in Toole and half in Juab Counties. The Goshute Indian Reservation is right to the West of (and partly on) the Deep Creek Range. I've never been there, but like you, have heard "good" things about this mountain range.

It's in "The middle of nowhere", the few towns nearby (Ibapah, Callao, Trout Creek) all look to be very small towns. It would definitely be a good idea to have a 4X4 with at least 1 spare tire, and maybe even some extra gas.

Although a small portion of the range is on the Indian Reservation and off limits to hunting, Most of the range looks to be owned by the BLM so access shouldn't be to much a problem. There are roads all around the range but not through. Basically you'd have to park at the end of a road and hike up from there. I've been looking at satellite images of them on Google Earth and they do look very rugged, but beautiful. Looks to be a creek in most of the canyons. Should be good hunting there.
[signature]
I just noticed your request for information on the deep creek mountains. They are a very isolated range with poor access with motorized vehicles. I worked out there years ago. The deeps come out of nowhere and climb to 12 thousand feet. They are a steep rugged range. There are some deer but not lots. If you plan on hunting out there you better be in good shape. The farthest I have ever driven up them is a canyon west of callao. It was an old mining road that was pretty rough on vehicles. If you hunt them you would have to do it from the Utah side on the east. The west side is tribal land or nevada. There is a camping area southwest of Callao. None of the towns on the east side had any kind of stores so you must take everything you need with you. I would suggest you stay away from the town of trout creek they don't like strangers. I hope this helps. gshorthair
[signature]