Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relacement Tube for Caddis Float Tube
I pulled my doughnut shaped Caddis tubes off the garage shelf (it had been sitting for about 5 years) and went to inflate it, but I found several holes. It's about 20 years old so I guess the rubber has started disintegrating. Anyone know where I can get a new one? It looks just like a truck tire tube, but I'm not sure if thats all it is and if I could just pick up one up at a tire store. It says Caddis on it, so I'm not sure if they are made specifically for float tubes. Thicker rubber maybe? Has anyone replaced theirs?
[signature]
Yea, I replaced mine several times with a Super Fat Cat on up to a Pontoon...LOL
Seriously though, I had a Caddis tube and a car tube should work, just be sure and get one with the valve bent.
[signature]
I would really like to upgrade to a U shaped tube, but that will be a few years down the road. My son will be old enough to let him use this one and I can justify getting something new. [Image: bobwink.gif]

I figured a car or truck tube would work, I just wanted to make sure. I'll stop by Big O today and see what they got.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I have fished through several old Caddis donuts. Lost track of the number of truck tire tubes I have bought over the years. Getting harder to find them because so many trucks run tubeless tires. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are float tube round bladders available through some accessory stores on line. But, they usually cost more than the old black rubber inner tubes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Your best bet is to get out the yellow pages and look at tire dealers that sell truck tires. Call and ask if they have tubes in stock. Many don't. Specifically, there are two sizes to choose from. The 8.25 X 20 is slightly heavier than the original equipment tubes. It is the lightest available from tire dealers. If you want a heavier and thicker walled tube then ask for the 10.00 X 20 tube.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There is a long brass valve stem that needs to be bent out of the way to use them in float tubes. The tubes always have straight ones because that is the way they go into truck tires. But, if you know how to bend them...without crimping or breaking the valve stem...you are good to go. You need to use the ring end on a couple of crescent wrenches to slowly and carefully bend the stems 90 degrees to one side.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you can find a tube and need help you can bring it over to my place and I can help you.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for the tips and the offer!

I found one at Quality Tire in Orem. They had the original size (750-20) for only $20 so I am pleased. The stem is a little bit longer than the original, but doesn't seem to interfere with anything so I'll leave it alone for now. In fact, with the slightly longer length it makes it a little more convenient to fill.
[signature]