Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPANISH MACKEREL ARE BACK
9-6-10[font "Arial"][#00ffff][font "Arial"][#00ffff]
[/#00ffff][/font][/#00ffff][/font][font "Verdana"]Today we were fishing with Eddie and James Burkhalten, Greg, Charlie, and Evan Robinson from Mint Hill,NC. and with them was Aaron Selberg from Matthews,NC.[/font][font "Arial"][#00ffff][font "Arial"][#00ffff]
[/#00ffff][/font][/#00ffff][/font][font "Verdana"]You have got to love it when a plan comes together, I know I do!!!!![/font][font "Arial"][#00ffff][font "Arial"][#00ffff]
[/#00ffff][/font][/#00ffff][/font][font "Verdana"]Remember I said in the last report about the Spanish Mackerel being a little farther out than I like on a 1/2 day trip.[/font][font "Arial"][#00ffff][font "Arial"][#00ffff]
[/#00ffff][/font][/#00ffff][/font][font "Verdana"]Well, I was heading out there this morning, but, the ENE winds had other plans for us.[/font][font "Arial"][#00ffff][font "Arial"][#00ffff]
[/#00ffff][/font][/#00ffff][/font][font "Verdana"]It got to "kicking" pretty good and we wern't even two miles off the beach and had 12 more to go!!!.
With a couple already feeling a little questionable, I decided not to do it.[/font][font "Arial"][#00ffff][font "Arial"][#00ffff]
[/#00ffff][/font][/#00ffff][/font][font "Verdana"]I had told them at the dock before we left this morning that the Spanish Mackerel fishing had been slow lately at best, even some days producing nothing.[/font][font "Arial"][#00ffff][font "Arial"][#00ffff]
[/#00ffff][/font][/#00ffff][/font][font "Verdana"]I never mentioned what I had seen yesterday so as not to get their hopes up just in case what happened, happened.[/font][font "Arial"][#00ffff][font "Arial"][#00ffff]
[/#00ffff][/font][/#00ffff][/font][font "Verdana"]They were still happy to stay out and see if we could find something. So, we went searching!!![/font][font "Arial"][#00ffff][font "Arial"][#00ffff]
[/#00ffff][/font][/#00ffff][/font][font "Verdana"]I tried pretty much everywhere and not a bite. I was trolling towards the reef when Emmit Banks called me on the radio and told me the Spanish Mackerel were jumping between the pier and the condo's.[/font][font "Arial"][#00ffff][font "Arial"][#00ffff]
[/#00ffff][/font][/#00ffff][/font][font "Verdana"]I had just left that area... But, just maybe I didn't get close enough to shore!!! I turned and ran back to the area.[/font][font "Arial"][#00ffff][font "Arial"][#00ffff]
[/#00ffff][/font][/#00ffff][/font][font "Verdana"]Sure enough, 13 feet of water, on the beach in all the mullet was the key.[/font][font "Arial"][#00ffff][font "Arial"][#00ffff]
[/#00ffff][/font][/#00ffff][/font][font "Verdana"]We caught all they wanted, didn't have to run out in rough water, stayed close to the beach where the NE winds had it slick flat, had a great morning of fishing with some great folks with the bonus of some catching, so I guess I can say that with a few modifications, a plan came together after all!!!!
So, yes, I love it when a plan comes together!!!!!!!![/font][font "Arial"][#00ffff][font "Arial"][#00ffff]
[/#00ffff][/font][/#00ffff][/font][font "Verdana"]Oh yeah, Thanks Emmit for the "heads up", I'll return the favor soon I hope!!!!
[/font][font "Rockwell"][size 4][font "Rockwell"][size 4]FISH ON!!
Capt Butch Foster
910 845-2004
[/size][/font][/size][/font][font "Rockwell"][#0000ff][size 4][font "Rockwell"][#0000ff][size 4][font "Rockwell"][#0000ff][size 4][/size][/#0000ff][/font][/size][/#0000ff][/font][/size][/#0000ff][/font][url "http://www.yeahrightcharters.com/"][font "Rockwell"][#0000ff][size 4][font "Rockwell"][#0000ff][size 4][font "Rockwell"][#0000ff][size 4]www.yeahrightcharters.com[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/size][/#0000ff][/font][/size][/#0000ff][/font][/url]
[size 2] 
[/size]
[signature]