Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any recent Pineview reports?
I'm heading to Pineview on Saturday, but I'm weary to make the trek if the cold front is going to put a damper on the fishing, but supposedly the fishing is good up there right now. Have any of you been out? What worked, what didn't? What depths, areas, etc. We'll be in a boat and we hope to hook a musky or two, but any of the other species would be fine too.
[signature]
I would like to know as well. I was going to go this Sat, but now It looks like I will be there next Sat. I haven't seen a report for a while.

Thanks,

Shawn M
[signature]
[#804000][size 2]Been catching some crappie along the weedlines early in the morning, but as soon as they crank up the power squadron, (about 8:30), they do the disappearing act.[/size][/#804000]
[signature]
I went out last night, and stayed busy. I caught 1 really nice musky, and caught a couple others that looked like minnows(30 inches) compared to the other one. I included some pics.
[signature]
Those pics may catch some flack, but nice fish, congrats.
[signature]
Hope you get some good response, 'cause I would like to make my first trip ever to there as well.

By the way, Ryry great fish!
[signature]
I thought I did good at Pineview the other day jigging for some smallies. Then I say Ryry's lunkers and blown away those were caught in Utah. Nice fish Ry.
[signature]
Good looking fish there Ryry! Looks like the fall bite is heating up at the 'view. I'll have to get my musky equipment together and head out there before hunting takes over my weekends.
[signature]
[cool] WOW ryry thats a hog congratulations on the huge musky. thanks for sharing you pictures with us great job[cool]
[signature]
ive been catching crappie and perch in the shallows along with good sized largemouths. the bass action really heated up right before dark on buzzbaits in the coves. I had a BIG musky take a chunk out of a 13 inch bass as i reeled it in. fun fishing up there right now
[signature]
[quote PACKFAN]Those pics may catch some flack, but nice fish, congrats.[/quote]

[center]Seems they just did [pirate]
[/center]
Long as they got nicely released - those are some burly fish. I have seen a couple "has-been"s on the shore at Newton. I think I've worried more about the damage those beasts could do to me, than I to them. Needs me a bigger NET!

Now is that one fish in 4 photos, or different fish? I'm really thinking this is the weekend for me to try Pineview - another new water. Nice variety of species in that water.
Hope the water's getting cold enough to chase the skiiers off!

Anyone hook into any of the cats out there?
[signature]
Just out of curiosity, why would the pics get flack? The fish was released healthy and happy... I was happy, cause it was such a nice fish and I wanted to have a picture with my biggest musky I had caught? Sorry if it offended some people...
[signature]
Ryry4545 wrote:[/quote]
Just out of curiosity, why would the pics get flack? The fish was released healthy and happy... I was happy, cause it was such a nice fish and I wanted to have a picture with my biggest musky I had caught? Sorry if it offended some people...[/quote]

Should not and didn't, as long as fish was released healthy you have no problems with me or most people. If I had caught it, I would have taken fotos as well!
[signature]
Is one area of the lake producing better than another right now? I have a tube and would like to put in closer to where there are fish. Had knee surgery a month ago and this will be the first time out since and the less I have to travel and catch some fish, the better. I've only ever gone out of the narrows so looking to find somewhere with a little more perch and crappie action.
[signature]
I think the picture he is reffering to is the last one. You are holding the fish up by the gill plates. [:/] If I am a betting man the fish is fine. But, that is an obviously sensitive area for the fish, what with gills being how a fish breathes and all.

Note: I AM NOT TRYING TO GIVE YOU FLAK !! I am just observing from posts and criticism in the past.

Like I said the fish is most likely fine. Nice Catch!
[signature]
I wasn't referring to the way the fish was being held in the last picture but the nice rod and reel lying in the sand.[cool]
[signature]
Well I stand corrected then [cool]
[signature]
[quote PACKFAN]I wasn't referring to the way the fish was being held in the last picture but the nice rod and reel lying in the sand.[cool][/quote]

Dang it, Packfan beat me to my punch line. That was the first thing I noticed (after the hog, of course).
[signature]
Well Shirts to Shoots if I don't go an make a controversy out of nothing at all. I think I'm a magnet.

Ok - so that harkens back to why I bought the Kmart reel I put on my sear's pole (from childhood fishn daze) that brought me MY first musky...

Seriously - Packfan - I didn't figure you meant nothing by it. I think the Idaho board left me a bit sensitive after my Bull-Trout Fiasco!
my brother and i went out last friday and did pretty good, It was his maiden voyage on the tube. between the two of us 5 smallies, 8 perch, 5 cats, and one bluegill, they were all caught on a drifting worm, didn't really try using any other baits as it was his first time on a tube and he was trying to get the hang of it now he is now hooked on useing the tube. The smallies averaged about 12 inches, all the perch were dinks, the cats were ok sized( i dont really like the mud cats ) the blue gill was a decent size, had a muskie follow one of my bass to the tube then saunter away.
[signature]