Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
old BUTCH is rocking it!
blows my mind that somebody is actually growing a pair and standing up against the anti wolf crowd and the feds check out the link. [url "http://www.localnews8.com/news/24939898/detail.html"]http://www.localnews8.com/news/24939898/detail.html[/url]

Kudos to Otter for this.[Wink]
[signature]
Bout time someone in a high place grew a pair. I wonder if he really means it, or if he is just pushing to get re-elected. It is an election year. I would have been much more impressed if he'd done that right after he got elected.

How's the new job in Lewiston?
[signature]
Yeah, we will see eah?? scouting for elk above paliSades in a honey hole of mine the other day and guess what? no sign at all. not elk atleast, wolf sign all over the place. sickning!!!
[signature]
Really? the wolves havnt been bad in there for a while since fish and game killed the entire fall creek pack off 3 years ago. i talked to a fish and game officer last year and he said they only knew of one loaner hanging out in the area after that.
[signature]
[quote chrome_junky]Really? the wolves havnt been bad in there for a while since fish and game killed the entire fall creek pack off 3 years ago. i talked to a fish and game officer last year and he said they only knew of one loaner hanging out in the area after that.[/quote]

So they said...... They've lied to us for so long I don't trust anything they say.
[signature]
agreed they very easy could have lied but i have hunted that area for the last 4 years and have never seen a wolf track or heard a howl. im not saying they are not in there im just saying im gonna be really upset if they are now.
[signature]
I don't know - I tend to trust a one on one conversation with the biologists. It's the higher ups (politicians) at Fish & Game Commission meetings that are harder to trust.
They have to be careful how they speak because it's all so political. The biologists will typically just tell you what they see out in the field, and try to stay out of the politics of it all.

Ivorytip - are you trying to scare me away from the PaliSades or what? Smile
[signature]
yeah yeah. ha. Seen my first wolf in there 3 years ago, white one by itself. back side of big elk mt. well, inbetween there and comassary.[sly] hadnt seen any in there since. But tracks were indeed in there last time i packed back in. deffinate tracks. I trust F&G to a point however there is alot they are unaware of. not all wolves have a collar as much as i wished they did with gps beacons given to every hunter to track down and destroy..... Then again, who knows whats down in that deep pocket cactus[Wink]
[signature]
Saw Butch the other day in Culdesac. He said it looks like the IDFG will be thinning out the Lolo Zone wolves, once it gets permission from the feds - which, apparently, is basically a done deal - believe it or not.

He also said that this last December, when he last met with the feds to discuss returning control of the wolves back to Idaho, that the feds still wanted us to maintain numbers of wolf packs in the state that were 100's of wolves more than what we were promised we would have to maintain initially. At that point, he basically said screw you, and walked away.
[signature]
Here's an interesting article

http://www.cbbulletin.com/404687.aspx

I hope it goes through...
[signature]
i hope so!!!!!!
[signature]