Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ Strike Saturday
We fished CJ yesterday and did pretty good. Launched out of Cottonwood at 6:45AM and went up past Jacks Creek toward the Bruneau River and fished the tulleys and managed to catch 5 Largemouth with the biggest at 2 3/4 lbs. Using black and blue jig with cinnamon and purple twin tail.

Went to the other side and switched to a Smallie Beaver in California color and caught quite a few smallies. They were little footballs. Definitely putting on the weight for winter.

Anyhow managed to win our tourney and my partner was third.

Great day except for the wind that came up around 8 AM. Definitely a pain on the trolling motor all day. So needless to say we never left the Bruneau arm.
[signature]
congrats on the win. Steelfisher was there yesterday fishing and told me the wind was pretty bad.

I need to get with you sometime and learn some things from our forum bass expert.

Windriver
[signature]
Well, I'm no expert but would love to take you out bass fishing.

In fact that goes for anyone on here. I just love to fish and since this is the last year of our club, I will have all kinds of time for fishing for all species. [Smile]
[signature]
Bassnbob,

Which bass club would recommend joining in the Mountain Home area?

Have you ever fished Idaho bass federation?
[signature]
In Mt. Home there is the Mountain Home Hawg Hunters. I don't know too much about them but they have been around for quite a few years.

I've fished mostly club tournaments and a few opens. I have belonged to three different clubs at one time for a few years in my younger days but the last 8 years just my main club, Gem State Hookers. It's the club I started with in the 1992. The other two were Midnight Bassmasters and Searchers.

My son has fished some Federation tourneys and Superior before he moved to AZ. He also has been a Pro with B.A.S.S. and FLW. Right now he is trying to get all his bills paid off so he can come back to Idaho. He pretty much hates AZ anymore. Too damn hot. [laugh]
[signature]
Chris there are quite a few clubs in the general area burley to boise

http://idahobassfed.com/
[signature]
thanks for the post ! great to see some bass info for a change.
[signature]
Last month I hooked into and lost 2 nice bass in that area with a plastic crawdad. But the fishing is sure not as good as it has been in the prior 4 or 5 years. Normally just while crappie fishing I will catch 6 or 7 bass and a perch or two. Fishing everywhere seems to be off this year.
[signature]