Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Finder
I'm looking for idea's on a fish finder. I have a really small U tube. I have seen pictures from other tubers that use PVC pipe and make it so they can mount a fish finder to the side of their tube. I don't really know about that idea, because I am not really handy at ALL!! Anyway, anybody have and really good idea's or products? Thanks
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]There is always SOME WAY to attach a sonar display and transducer. But there will be variations depending upon the basic mounting system of the sonar and what kind of transducer you get.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A lot of tubers like the Fishin' Buddies because they have a simple sleeve mount for both the display and transducer. You just have to lash it in place and you are good to go.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you want something more exotic, then you usually have to make some kind of base mounting setup...maybe with PVC. I am attaching a couple of pics of a simple PVC frame I came up with that works on tubes and toons. It needs to be lashed or fastened to your craft but then you can simply attach the display to one connector and the transducer to the other.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you can provide a picture of your float tube, with the amount of surface area you have to work with, we can possibly offer more definite suggestions. Ditto for the sonar you want to go with.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks for the reply. The Fishin' Buddie is an excellent suggestion. That's more or less what I was wanting. I currently have a hand held device, but it only measures depth and if fish are in the area (not the depth of the fish). I will take a picture of my tube and post that. It may not be until monday because I may be fishing tomorrow and on the weekend it never seems like I can get any time on the computer. Again thanks.
[signature]
Here is a picture of my tube. Not too much to it. I was thinking though, if I could even attach the fishin buddie to my tube. I might need to build some time of system after all. Maybe I should just go out and buy another tube, but I got this one for 10 dollars plus the fins. Oh well, any idea's? Thanks
[signature]
Nice, it looks like I respond to my own post. Anyway, the pictures of my float tube are there. Thanks
[signature]
Looks like a good tube and well worth the price.

There are straps that are made for putting a Fishin Buddy on a float tube. Humminbird makes some and I have also seen generic versions at many sporting goods stores. Or you could make your own.

[url "http://store.humminbird.com/products/271368/Float_Tube_Strap"]http://store.humminbird.com/...368/Float_Tube_Strap[/url]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Looks like a good starter tube. Plenty to find out whether you like tubing or not...and what the real issues are. Then, if you wanna upgrade you should be able to easily recover your initial investment to put into something else.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Looks like there are plenty of D rings, for attaching add-ons. If you need to "lash down" the sonar you can use simple nylon rope, nylon strapping or whatever. Those cheap nylon sleeping bag straps of 1" nylon with buckles are available at most camping supply places.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you want to build a rod rack, the D rings make it easy to attach a 3 or 4 tube setup. Let me know if you need help. There are some posts in the past that show how to measure and cut the PVC.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]PS...Don't worry about replying to your own posts. Some folks on this forum do it all the time. In fact there are those who argue with themselves...and lose the arguments.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I have one that I actually bought but could be made for penny's. Looks like the one Cpierce posted, but it is just a big black PVC pipe with the nylon strap around top and bottom the another nylon strap that goes through both and around the tube. I still use it, but now I use my regular sonar with it.
[signature]
What brand is that float tube? I was fishing with one fella last July and he had that kind of float tube....
[signature]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]PS...Don't worry about replying to your own posts. Some folks on this forum do it all the time. In fact there are those who argue with themselves...and lose the arguments.[/#0000ff][/quote]

[#00bf00]LOL ! [Smile][/#00bf00]
[signature]
The tube is called Stearns. I've never heard of them before.
[signature]