Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weeb
I'm heading to the Weber later today and was wondering if anyone could offer some advice. I've never fished it before. I went by Park's Sportsman to get some flies and advice. The staff was nice and helpful but hadn't fished it before either. I've been looking up information here and on other sites but it is somewhat spotty. I was going to try caddis since it will be in the evening but also try nymphing early on. I was thinking some generic stuff like PTs, Hare's Ear, but some others too like sows and brassies. Also, if someone could give me a general area to go or how to access the river I'd appreciate it. I don't want to be lost driving around. You can pm me if you would like. Thanks!
[signature]
take a look through this section (FF UT) and look at the subjects. i personally stick to the middle weber only until the middle of next month.

lower = hares ear in various sizes, big doesent hurt at all

middle = very very small 24 and smaller (in my experiance)

upper = a wide range of sizes depending on how far up you indeed go
[signature]
Thanks kotchanut. Unfortunately, I didn't catch anything yesterday. I'm thinking of hitting it one more time today this afternoon before I head home. I made the mistake of driving too far and still not having any success. I drove clear up to echo and henefer. The water was so dirty it was like chocolate milk. I thought if I threw some brighter patterns that might help. The weather may have played a factor too since it rained a lot while I was on the river. Not sure, actually it sounds like I'm making a lot of excuses. It's probably because I just suck hahaha. Anyway, if anyone knows an easy place to access closer to Ogden, and what to throw would be great. I don't want to write off the Weber. PM me if you would like. I know there are some fish in there somewhere. Thanks!
[signature]
I was on the weber last Saturday and had good success using the good ol' San Juan worm.
[signature]
Specially after a storm or if the water flow changes at all. My go to anymore.

I just need to meet up with you or Koch for some Weed action.
[signature]
keep going higher. take the Wanship exit and take a right at both stop signs. once you cross the river find the first road that heads back towards it on the right, get on the dirt road, and then look for the easments. water is clear and in good shape, good bugs comming off all day long, and the fish are hungary.
[signature]
Sows Sows Sows
[signature]
I got agree with fish2xtc when all else fails on the weeb tie on a sow or scud and fish it deep. ( 2 size bb weights )
[signature]
Okay, now I wanna go fishing with you two[laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Woo Hoo Lets go [Wink]
[signature]
I have fished many different sections of the weber. Besides what everyone has already told you (which are all really good suggestions), I have had some good success with Czech nymphs and whitefish egg clusters during the spawn (in a yellow and orange fly). Just a couple more things to add to your arsenal. Just don't waste your time when they are spawning and go where the river flows into Echo. It's ridiculous with worm chuckers, etc.
[signature]