Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Improving Fishin Skillz
I'm learning there's more to fishing than lure selection. Many of the times I've been skunked I'm the only boat left on the lake. I'm trying to improve and I'm seeing how weather, season, temperature, etc... have impacts fishing.

That being said, Is this weekend a bad one to go fishing?

And any suggestions on how to organize a tackle box if you bait fish, trout fish, troll, catfish, bass & muskey fish. Oh yeah and I go to tackle shop every trip to buy more lures. My denial makes me blame the tackle not the technique.

Smile
[signature]
[quote JiggyJus10]And any suggestions on how to organize a tackle box if you bait fish, trout fish, troll, catfish, bass & muskey fish. Oh yeah and I go to tackle shop every trip to buy more lures. My denial makes me blame the tackle not the technique. Smile[/quote]
I have a different tackle box for every type of fishing I do. You don't need a big fancy box, just start off with those smaller ones and work your way up depending on how many lures you need. Bait fishing won't require as much tackle as trolling or musky fishing etc.
One method that I will sometimes use to determine when it is the best time to fish, is the Solunar Tables. It gives you times every day when the best fishing and hunting occurs. It list both major and minor times for the morning and evening. It is no guarantee but it is a place to start. Good luck.
WH2
[signature]
[size 4]The one single best way to improve your fishing success that I know of, is to tag along with someone who already knows the ropes. You can read all you want or be told all you want but actually being there with the guy is by far the best way to learn. Just remember that different guys have different preferred fish they target. For example, the methods used to target cat fish is way different than the methods used to target tiger musky. So pick your poison and find someone who is willing to take you out and share their knowledge.[/size]
[signature]
+1 on Tagging along....its the way to learn everything you want to know.

Shawn
[signature]
It is only a bad weekend to go fishing if you really wanted to go but stayed home and did nothing!
[signature]