Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Mountain...
So, I have hunted West Mountain in Utah County (south of Utah Lake) many times. I always drive to the top and hunt down a little ways, then hike back up. A couple people recently have told me that they hunt it by driving to the top and hiking to a vehicle parked at the bottom. I have noticed that there is private property on the east and north sides. I was just wondering if anyone would be so kind as to tell me where I could hike to a vehicle on the bottom of the mountain without trespassing. I am planning on hunting the Chuckar opener tomorrow (probably along with 100 others) and would appreciate any input.
[signature]
Wish I could help.....Just bag the chukars for a couple weeks and come down to powell with me...LOL Just kidding buddy.G ood luck, and keep the dogs cool. I have a hard time running my dogs too hard in this kind of weather. Hope you bag some anyhow.
[signature]
Thanks man, and I need to bag some birds. The archery season was rough. Got my deer, just a little guy, and blew my chances with a few cows.Oh well, taking 2 1/2 gallons of water for 3 dogs. Hope that should do. We will have to get out after something soon, I haven't even look at thesite in a while. Talk to you soon, about to hikemy butt off tomorrow.

P.S, hook me up with the details on powell, I might be able to convince the wife......
[signature]
Well, hike my butt off I did..... Did manage to put one down, and my dad shot one as well. My buddy had as many opportunities as us combined, but went home empty handed. Man, those birds live in some nasty terrain......
[signature]
I know this is a little late, but there are several roads that go up to the base of the mountain all on the mid to south end and all coming up on the west side. If you drive around west mountain that direction there's a section past the last orchards headed south and before the orchards of Genola, probably atleast a 3 mile section with atleast three roads that go up.
[signature]